The annual Olav Festival in Trondheim, the anti-Israel town in Norway par excellence, has done it again, Israel bashing dressed up as culture, however without even one Israeli, even a anti-Israel Israeli, to have a chance to talk about the ME conflict from an Israeli perspective…

THE OLAV FESTIVAL IN TRONDHEIM

Palestinakomiteen 2012 06 28

No stated author

Summary.

The «Palestinakomiteen» will use the Church of Norway’s festival in Trondheim to promote the Palestinian’s cause. The Palestinian territory seems to have become a main theme of this festival.

Prominent among those who will lecture at the festival is Sidsel Wold, the former NRK reporter who did so well in presenting Israel in the worst possible light during her time as special correspondent there.

We shall also meet with the wife of Bishop Younan, who shall, presumably, lecture on Palestinian women. Bishop Younan is famous for his involvement with the infamous Kairos Document, not a particularly Israel friendly or even balanced approach, as it conveniently forgets to mention the 3000 year long connection Jews have with the Land.

For some pal-activism under the auspices of the LO, the pay master of the Labour Party; see here:

Meanwhile, Dagsavisen, which is the official mouthpiece of the Labour Party thinks the following talk backs are appropriate at a time when the Red-Green coalition are trying to grapple with the  Norwegian latent anti-Semitism, which has blossomed under their careful watch:

STØRE, ISRAEL AND THE HOLOCAUST

Dagsavisen 2012 06 27, Several authors

One Mr. Thor Krefting Nissen has written a letter to the editor on the West’s stance to Israel, stating the increase in anti-Semitism in Norway is due to the “Israelis brutal treatment of the Palestinians”. Of course the usual suspects respond to this, even reinforcing this. If this was some sort of extremist publication, there would be no reason to make any fuss over this. However, Dagsavisen is de facto the official news outlet of the Labor Party; in this publication letters and “debates” like this are the norm, rather than exceptions. The excerpt below is by one Mr. Joakim Møllersen, a regular contributor. The government should perhaps have a look at itself and its supporters before undertaking enterprises to fight anti-Semitism in other arenas.

The translator would like to point out that this type of letters is the norm, rather than exceptions, in the debate on Israel.

“Your logic and analogy is not entirely consistent to facts. Israel/The Zionists expelled the majority of the Palestinians from their land, stealing it as Israel was founded. Additionally, they stole half of the land territory destined for a Palestinian state. The theft has continued with the Golan Heights and Gaza and the West Bank in 1967. Israel are constantly evicting Palestinians from their homes because they rather wants Jews to live there and torture, murder, harassment, illegal imprisonments are done by the Israelis against the Palestinians all of the time. Also, this takes place on Palestinian land illegally occupied by the Israelis”.

14 comments for “Trondheim – organizing a Palestinian festival; Dagsavisen the official mouthpiece of the Labour Party, thinks anti-Semitic comments are fair play in support of the Palestinians

1. Marius Møllersen
    November 19, 2013 at 1:36 pm

Whatever the source of “the excerpt below”, it is definitely not me.

2. November 19, 2013 at 2:35 pm

you should probably raise that concern with Dagsavisen, which is the direct source of the quote. Good luck with that… I merely translate word by word what has been published and provide the source for people to check the content.

3. November 20, 2013 at 4:24 pm

don’t think so since I have no idea who you are, so unlikely that I should have just pulled your name out of the blue. Will check though.

November 20, 2013 at 11:44 pm

are this fine Norwegians going to fight down all kind of web rubish or just the one that contains their name? As Norwegians one can’t change anything just for one self, it has to be for a group of people or one are an egoist.

5. Marius Møllersen
    November 21, 2013 at 4:40 am

Why did you delete my last comment?

As for checking, it shouldn’t take you 60 seconds: Follow the link to Dagsavisen and do a ctrl+f with my name.

6. November 21, 2013 at 6:36 am

ooops, sorry, not intended to be deleted… Can you repost and I will upload?
    As for dagsavisen… I merely translate what has been published, and do not add or subtract from the original story. Unless you have changed your nick, since now it says Joakim Møllersen and not what it would have stated well over 1 year ago.

November 21, 2013 at 7:50 am

wonder if he can get Jeanines to do the same.

To exuse him it was a period in Labour/SV after 22/7 that it was considered smart to go out in the media and go after “wrong” opinions. Most made probably very odd experiences in this period and have a need to clean up their name. The problem is that to do so as a sosialist Mr M.M one have to do it for the people or one become a selected elite that has a right to tell others how to behave and do as one want for one self. Its pretty hard lesson and only one to blame is one self that believed one could save the world. I see no point in why McG should be a blame goat for your problems on this.

8. Marius Møllersen
    November 21, 2013 at 9:23 am

Marius Møllersen is not a nick, it is my real name. I know Joakim Møllersen personally. Another person with another real name.

You have obviously made a mistake, but you seem to have a very hard time admitting it, let alone correcting it.

Never mind that deleted comment.

November 21, 2013 at 11:41 pm

Marius,

I experience just the same attitude from Norwegian web masters. You can use Slettmeg.no so that it does not apper in your google search. Because of this I have stoped to use my real name on the web, after 22/7 I lost my logical and independent thinking for time. I had the same experience back in 98/99 in the Kosovo war and 11/9 I was in sadly not in Norway at that time. I have accpeted to forgive my self when I can’t predict my actions even if I feel that all the time I do my best to understand the surrondings, its always information I should have seen or be told that dropp out. I have learnt my self to lower my expetations of what I can do, but not stop dreaming since if one do so one lose hope. I wish you all the luck on your new way, if you want to meet real Jews contact DMT. They have Jews that are very good in connecting to people that have questions. On this page you will only find people that have a message to give so it just become irritating when you want a dialoge its not the page for it. Good luck to you.

McG as I know you you are so nice that you will probably delete things for this guy. God I love you for that McG!

10. Marius Møllersen
    November 22, 2013 at 3:17 am

To Mister “:)”

I think you have misunderstood the nature of my message; I am not asking that anything be done to what I have actually written.

I am simply asking that my name not be connected to things written by others, which is clearly the case here. As anyone who wishes to check can see, my name is nowhere to be seen in the Dagsavisen thread “Støre, Israel and the Holocaust”.

I don’t understand why “McGonagall” (or whoever makes these decisions) insists on providing a fake quote to my name.

I do not have any particular wish to meet “real jews”. I meet jews occasionally, and they seem, on average, no better or worse than other people I meet.

11. November 22, 2013 at 6:11 am

As you will see in previous comment, mistake acknowledged. Have no idea how your name appeared in the Dagsavisen talk back, as per previous, I merely translate material which has been published in Norwegian. The quote is not fake, as is obviously clear. somehow your name was there at the time…. Apologies in any event, as I said, I have no clue who you are and therefore it is a bit mysterious how your name got tangled up here.

November 22, 2013 at 6:40 am

Marius,

my name has been written by others that I have no clue how are on the web so I see your situation when you lose control over your opinions. Its really a waist of energy to use time to think how other people will read information written on a other person. The more people that experience web bulling I think most people will value the information as less important when they get to know a new person. Personally I never google people use facebook or other information when I want to get to know a person. But there are people that do it a lot, so thats why Slettmeg.no has a policy to remove as much they can from google that are just rubish.

As you I also tried to get aid from the web director at the Norwegian page, but it was helpless. I see your frustration but in your google search this page does not appera:

Can you please respond on what kind of problems it makes to you that your name in on this page? Do people make contact with you? As I see it this page is as narow as one can get it. No one in the Jewish environment mention it at all, if it had been a it thing they would believe me!

Have a nice day and do something fun and nice : )

13. Marius Møllersen
    November 22, 2013 at 10:49 am

Having my name here has not created any trouble, I just don’t like to have my name on things that are not actually mine -such as other people’s opinions.

I see this has now been rectified. Thanks.

November 22, 2013 at 12:37 pm

Marius,

I agree 100% with you and are very glad that a corecction has been performed. That is the Jewish culture as I know it and are proud of it, very different from the Christian that refuse to admitt mistakes. As my history teacher telling the hole class that the Jews had it comming there had always been so much problems with them.

All best : )