Hey, FM Eide! Can you please instruct your diplomats in Ramallah to tell Abbas it simply is not done to reject Israeli offer to allow fellow Palestinians in dire danger of persecution, starvation, death in Syria entry to West Bank or Gaza on the condition that they give up the ludicrous claim for “refugees” to return.

What a callous old fart of a mouse. I really do hope Norwegian outfits such as the Labour affiliated Norwegian People’s Aid, Norwegian Church Aid and all the other organizations who dress in sack-cloth and cry their bitter tears for Palestinians in the West Bank and Gaza, also can find it in their hearts to feel compassion with the less fortunate ‘Palestinians’ from Syria, and pressure Abbas to behave like a human being. I am not holding my breath though, there is precious little prestige to be had from demanding the Palestinian leadership to behave in accordance to humanistic values.

lifted from timesofisrael.com

Abbas rejects Israeli offer to allow refugees from Syria to enter West Bank and Gaza

PA president says Hamas chief Khaled Mashaal has endorsed the two-state solution, agreed to hold elections

By  January 10, 2013, 3:37 am 5
Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas attends a Fatah Central Committee meeting in the West Bank city of Ramallah in December (photo credit: Issam Rimawi/Flash90)

Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas rejected an Israeli offer to allow Palestinian refugees fleeing Syria to enter the Palestinian territories on condition that they forgo their “right of return” to Israel proper, Abbas told the Egyptian press on Wednesday evening.

Following a meeting with Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi, Abbas said that he had appealed to the UN to intercede on behalf of Palestinian refugees living in Syria and demand that Israel allow them to enter the West Bank and Gaza.

UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon told Abbas that Israel agreed to the request, on the condition that the refugees sign a document in which they forgo the “right of return” to areas within Israel.

Abbas said he rejected that condition.

Palestinians living in the Yarmouk refugee camp south of Damascus have been subjected to government bombardment following the camp’s capture by opposition forces last month. Five Palestinians were killed in the camp on Tuesday.

Syria’s southern neighbor, Jordan, has begun to turn away Palestinian refugees fleeing toward the border, Al-Jazeera reported earlier this week. Previously, Palestinians were allowed to enter the Jordanian kingdom but were kept in a separated refugee camp called Cyber City, located near the Syrian border.

Abbas had arrived in Cairo to discuss political reconciliation with his Palestinian rivals, the Hamas terror organization. On Wednesday evening, a high-ranking Fatah delegation headed by Abbas met with a Hamas delegation that included the group’s political chief Khaled Mashaal and his deputy Moussa Abu-Marzouq.

Abbas told the press that Mashaal had agreed with Fatah on four key points: The vision of two states — “Palestine on the 1967 borders living side by side with the state of Israel”; reaching that end through negotiations; the adoption of peaceful resistance [to Israel]; and the holding of elections, the official Palestinian news agency Wafa reported Wednesday.

According to Egyptian daily Al-Ahram, Abbas said that he was prepared to visit Hamas-controlled Gaza at any time, adding that the issue “is very much on my mind, and has become more urgent.”

It would also be interesting what the inclusion of “peaceful resistance to Israel” means? Does Abbas suggest that after an eventual peace accord with Israel, the Palestinians – once more - will backtrack on their commitments and attack the Jews and Israelis?

Would anybody  in our office in Ramallah bother to find out please, before more blood has been offered on the altar of “peace negotiation”?

15 comments for “Not in Norwegian news: How Abbas rejects his own people for the sake of “return of refugees”

1. solinski
    January 10, 2013 at 12:43 pm

What Arabs do the other Arabs is their own business, that said, Israels demand, that Palestinians traveling to the West Bank have to sign any documents is petty and stupid, I recall they (Israelis) tried to coerce participants of the Turkish Flotilla to sign some kind of documents, besides, signatures obtained in this manner are nul and void.

2. Gábor Fränkl
    January 11, 2013 at 1:54 pm

solinsky – transparent rubbish, myopic and very dumb from you! The Il gov’t policy is in fact very clever and cautious to have tried to make them sign those renouncements. You speak total idiocy. It just proves you simply know nothing about the importance and significance of certain issues of immense and very dangerous potentials for the existance of Israel wrt “refugees”. The turkish issue and others are totally diff. You compare completely diff. things!

January 12, 2013 at 6:09 am

Solinski, doesn’t Norway issue certain demands upon travellers to that country, or any other country for that matter?

The so called Fakestinian refugees seek refuge in Israel and all their descendants. Nobody really knows, who of these people genuinely left Israel to another part of Palestine i.e. Jordan etc. Any Arab can and could enter a Red Cross/Crescent camp and claim to be a refugee in order to feed his/her 10-12 children for free. Many had nothing to start with, so what did they have to lose?
    Unlike the 900,000 Jewish refugees from Aran Islamised countries in north Africa, the middle east and Iran, who had to leave everytihng behind. Including centuries of being Dhimmies. Oh yes, since the Palestine Authority was formed, even more Arab Christians, themselves no better thatn the Muslims towards the Jews have had to leave, in much the same way they did throughought the middle east for the past 70 years or so.
    Solinski, please understand, you need to look at underlying facts and figures in order to make your comments count. Because the UK is part of the EU (for the moment). I can travel freely anywhere within that ares. However, if I choose to travel anywhere else, I can only remain for so long, before I am kicked out. The same for you and everyone else. so, as you see, Israel’s act id not solitary but a normal part of immigration laws.

I meant to point out that I now have broadband in my house, at long last.

January 12, 2013 at 12:16 pm

Martin, I’m glad you have your broadband back and that you keep talking to Solinski. Its interesting : )

5. solinski
    January 13, 2013 at 3:13 am

What a nonsens, a worthless signature for a transit, why not fingerprints, swore to forsake Satan
    , DNA sample, or implementing a GPS chip. Let’s not pretend, that all Israels decissions are rational, when there are not. Remember giving Arabs control of the holy places, near disaster of the Yom Kippur war (that’s why Golda Meir was the first and last Israelis lady PM), ocupying Gaza, withdrawal from Gaza, etc. etc.

January 13, 2013 at 8:22 am

Solinski satan? Well its just the same as when people believe Jews can bless them, sorry if there is a God its for all of us or non. Some clames that people that are Jews have to behave better than others, I strongly dissagree on that point! And its sad when its used on Israel! But more and more secular people see this fact. We can’t have religous laws in the secular world but we can have religous freedom. Do as you want with your self but not with anyone else!

7. solinski
    January 13, 2013 at 2:44 pm

As I mentioned before, many of Israel’s problems are of their own making, I don’t recall any other state abiding to dictate from abroad where to build, where not to build, where your capital should be and so on. Sevile attidude towards US and EU to name a few.

January 14, 2013 at 6:53 am

solinski, you are correct regarding Israeli decisions. All too often they are made so as to keep European feelings more tender towards the Jewish state.

It was the late Moshe Dayan who ensured that the Temple Mount control would be retained by the Islamics. Even though they came out prepared to hand the keys over. That is Israeli socialism for you.

It was the late Golda Meir as prime minister who chose to ignore the warnings, and who promised not to call up reserves, nor to fire the first shot. My friend in naval intelligence/security warned me not to worry too much. without giving anything away. The Navy was prepared. Indeed the airforce wanted to go in but were denied. That is not to say trhat some top intelligence were fooled by the Arabs, due to their self opinionated ideas that the Arabs would not be stupid wnough to start a new war. you had to be there to celebrate Indepence Day that year before the war, when Israel showed off all its weaponry. Gold Meir and her Labour government were too worried about the USA and Europe. She is not the reason why Israel has not had another female pm. There just was not anyone suitable or approproiate. I suppose that is Israeli socialism for you.

The decision to go into Gaza was correct, some have doubts that Israel should never have pulled out in the first place. When one considers what Israel left behind for the Gazans and all the money sent to them, what a terrible waste of lives, monet, hopes etc. I believe that Israel should have made iot quite clear from the beginning that any aggression would not be acceptable and Israel would respond in a hard manner. Instead, all they did was to threaten.

This last episode of Israeli threats of going in were a last resort, as the number of rockets which went in was met in a reciprocated manner by the air force. It was Hamas wqhich wanted ac cease fire. Again, it is Israel cum Jewish attitude not to be aggressive, ehich I believe is a mistake. I did mention enough times that during the past few years, Israel will only respond adequately if Tel Aviv was threatened by the rockets. TA was theatened, missiles began and that and onlt that is w=hy Israel went in. Much, much to late. Why wait for a massive buildup. Bibi was too scared of foreign political threats, even though no other country would accept what Israel has had to go through since and b efore her independence.

As a matter of interest Solinski, you may have noteds that Hezbullah was quiet in Lebanon . The reason is that Israel threatened and this time, I believe, meant it that, the Lebanon would be flattened and very sorry to become involved.

January 14, 2013 at 10:18 am

Hahahah, Solinski you are just where I believed you should be! What you say is for many the reason why Jews always are taken. Its their own blame, if God really had created Jews so smart then why can humans ruin them again and again. Its just a game for a lot of mad people, God or not its just the way things should be. Where are you Solinski? Why care about Jews? What is it you hope to get?

10. solinski
    January 14, 2013 at 1:12 pm

Ms Livni still dreams of becoming a PM, but it seems, that she’s a spent force in Israeli politics. As to the Party of God their leader issues bold statements from the spiderhole. I forget to mention, that exchanging terrorist for the dead soldiers is a stupid policy, so was exchangin plus 1000 terrorist for Gilad Shalit.

January 15, 2013 at 3:05 am

Solinski this is just how you regard politic in Israel and humans that inside of it, it has nothing to do with how Israel was made and why. Why did a lot of Europeans wanted to go to Israel? Why leave friends family etc? Was it just for fun? And you says nothing about why you care about this issue. Where are you from Solinski? Why do you care about Norway?
    My feelings for ME is that people there has less freedom than in rest of the world in general. I base my statement after been there and seen things that was to hard! And after speaking to a lot of people from ME. That people in ME has a focus on how unfear the freedom to Europeans and Americans are, that is not new! What is new is how many Americans and Europeans that really feel they make life for people in ME awfull, and feel that the only way to make them self better is to do something that people from ME wants, no matter if it is religious motivated or just an idea some people have.
    Can you please tell me how people that grow up in peace get like this Solinski? Then you have solve a lot of my questions about people I know that like to explain how mental stable and moral they are. Insted of explaining what they know and why anyone should care about their opinion at all! Its very few people that are smart Solinski most of us are just trying to be something more than some one : )

January 15, 2013 at 4:13 pm

Good interaction between Solinski and Norwegian.

I remember when Israel would never have capitulated to demands from terror Groups. Solinski, are you aware of the Entebbe raid? I, too, am against the exchange of one Israeli for the release of hundreds of terrorists, many of who directly responsbile for the murder of Jews, and others.

However, as Jews, you must realise the fact that as the great Rabbi Hillel, put it, and I quote “Whosoever destroys a soul, it is considered if he destroyed the whole world. And whosoever, saves a life, is considered if he had saved the entire world.

In Judaism, a very ancient religion indeed, but one can break any sacred law, in order to save a life. It is that, that seperates the Jew from the Goyim.

January 16, 2013 at 3:43 am

I can see that Solinski enjoys to get attention. I doubt that he is after destroying anyone. Was it not Solinski that prayed for Gules soul? Please correct me if I’m wrong. Gule are probaly really angry on this page still, but I doubt that he feels that it ruins him, that it fooles him oh yes : ) But he really like the fight : ) It makes him better and he knows it : ) He is not as mad as Stalin, just nearly : )
    Its a game we play her in Norway Martin, we have a long culture in how to fool our next and get away with it. As anyone stoped when the christians came : ) What is not fun is that there are more players in this game now and out side of Norway that no one her had prediced. It ruins our balanse and we see a culture change. That is why people in Norway that normally never would care about letting PST know anything about them now gladly tells everything, sex partners etc you nameit get it all on the table, lets become safe again is the main goal. This is what scare me most Martin, when people refuse to have a private life and just want to be safe, in the end they will give up having dreams about a better future. I see the same in young Israeli that have joined the armey, they talk so hard about life that it really scare the shit out of me Martin. If we lose the future what then Martin? I just hope that Gule and all of us can see that there are some limits we should not break in this world. We all should sin, be forgiven, have some secrets and do something fun that no one really knows about : ) Perfect humans scare me more than anything, its something cold and not right about them they. Why be a dick?

January 16, 2013 at 10:14 am

Norwegian, those youngsters who join the Israel Defence Forces (IDF) are already more mature than their European counterparts, and after their 3 years normal service, they are so far far advanced, socially, morally, overall knowledge, which is why Israelis are sought the world over (well perhaps excepting backward Norway) This is why, Israel is a world leader in startup companies and why so many international organisations headhunt Israelis, buy up the companies or invest in Israel (again excepting Norway. Israelis are taught in the military to take up leadership within their section. In other words, any Israeli can lead a team. How many Norwegians at age 21 can do that?

Surrounded by enemies who seek to detsroy their country and to murder them, of course they plan for a better future. Of course once their military duty is up, they go abroad for a year to witness how other people live, to participate in the country’s life style. Again, how many Norwegians do that? Very few I should suppose. These youngsters are far too arrogant and only believe in in what they are told. Norwegians are brainwashed. Israelis are not. for the simple reason is that the media and political makeup of the country is so diverse, that they can think for themselves and question.

Don’t forget, in the religious schools, Jewish people are taught to question! Which brings me back to Sigmund Freud who said on the occasion of his 70th birthday in Vienna, 1926

“Only to my Jewish nature, did I owe the 2 qualities which had become indispenible to me on my hard road.

Because I was a Jew, I found myself free from many prejudices, which limited others in the use of their intellect.

Because I was a Jew, I was prepared to enter opposition and to renounce agreement with the compact majority.”

Norwegian, when you read and digest the above, what more do you need to express how you feel? See the section above about Bbrainwashing in Norway.

January 16, 2013 at 2:07 pm

I know what I feel and I don’t think is scare so many anymore : )
    Thats a good new factor in my life : )