DEMANDS ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS ON EMBASSY SECURITY

DEMANDS ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS ON EMBASSY SECURITY

Verdens Gang 2013 01 10

Erlend Skevik

The Progressives are concerned over the security surrounding the Israeli Embassy in Oslo; by now they want to relieve local politicians in Oslo the responsibility over this.

The Oslo Zoning Board has denied an application by the Israeli Embassy over maintaining a security fence designed to protect the Embassy. This issue will now become a political issue within the Municipality of Oslo. If the politicians listen to advice from the department in charge, the fence must be dismantled.

The background over this is the area in which the Embassy is located being designated a “protected area”.

Jørund Rytman, a Progressive Member of Storting, has now asked for FM Espen Barth Eide to commit himself over this issue. In a letter to the Minister, the Progressive member of Storting refers to the duty of Norwegian authorities to safeguard foreign embassies.

“This is not an ordinary zoning issue. It is obvious the Israeli Embassy is a target for terrorists; this dispute shows why such issues must be raised to a national level”, Rytman says.

“It is very obvious some bureaucrats are more occupied with rigid rules concerning cultural protection than security. The clearly haven’t noticed the debate post 22/7, they need to be told of this”, he says.

The Progressive delegate holds the opinion this dispute over the Embassy shows clear similarities to the debate over the closure of Grubbegata in the aftermath of the attack on the government’s headquarters.

“The Grubbegata issue clearly showed the confusion reigning among ministers, bureaucrats and local politicians concerning the handling of such issues. I believe the right thing to do is to raise this up a level, the responsibility lying with a minister”.

Serious threat picture.

In its application, the Embassy point out the security measures surrounding the building have been “a main contribution to the security surrounding the Embassy”, it is also pointed out Norwegian authorities have the responsibility of safeguarding foreign embassies.

“The treat picture has deteriorated seriously in later times; safeguarding the Embassy without these measures will demand unreasonable amounts of resources by the Norwegian authorities”, the letter states.

City Counselor Bård Folke Fredriksen confirms the Embassy’s need of security is among the aspects to be evaluated very closely as the Urban Development Committee will handle this issue sometime this winter.

New localities.

The Embassy has been working for a long time to find new localities. The MFA has aided the Embassy in this process of relocating; referring to the need of extensive security being a major factor in making this difficult.

Neither the Israeli Embassy nor the MFA wants to comment on this issue while it is the subject of a political process.

11 comments for “DEMANDS ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS ON EMBASSY SECURITY

January 12, 2013 at 5:58 am

Any other country would make rather scathing comments concerning these issues.
    It has very little to do with lack of understanding. The understanding is quite clear. Norway has formented to an extraordinarily high degree a transparent Jew/Israel hating environment.
    Israel does no need Norway in any field, including oil. The quicker Israel shows what it thinks of this “vershtinking yiddifed” country the better. It should pull out now, recoup it’s losses and move on.
    The extremely thin veneer of Norwegians responsibility and respectablity has been peeled back for all to observe internationality. Norway will seek the applause of it’s friends in Hamas and throughought the Arab and Muslim world, and the Norwegian unions, police, artistses and all of the rotten establishment. The spirit of the Donau is alive and kicking.
    How shameful for the decent minority in that country.

2. January 12, 2013 at 11:46 am

The fact is that one hardly knows the Embassy is there.

Maybe the Israelis can have the American Embassy up the street when it moves.

3. de Bacle
    January 12, 2013 at 12:46 pm

The Plan & Building Board (P&B) can not systematically take decisions against the Israel Embassy, without decisions being sanctioned by its ruling authority, the “Fylkesman” – The County Governor.

The rulings of the County Governor (an institution actually)can not be appealed. Without the blessing of the “Fylkesman” the P&B could not continue their anti-Semitic hunt of the Israel Embassy. The P&B are well aware of the support they have with the “Fylkesman”.
    This is the same “Fylkesman” that in 2012 propsed to the King to award the Kings medal to the anti-Semite Trond-Ali Linstad, an award that was granted and then withdrawn after immense international pressur, not the least from Rabbi Abraham Cooper from the Wiesenthal Centre.

This “Fylkesman” institution is the same as that was headed by Kåre Willoch, the internationally and nationally well know Israel-basher and anti-Semite (who has used the major part of hi senergy since he retired from the Norwegian Parliament to villify Israel and to distort the History of Israel in Norwegian media).

It is clear that there are institutions in Norway that are anti-Semitic bastions. Perhaps the P&B and the Fylkesman are one of them.

That would explain a lot.

It is interesting, but perhaps a sheer coincidence, that a Jew owns large parts of the area around Oslo that he now is not allowed to exploit. If the P&B would release these areas from “custody” this Zionist Jew would become very very wealthy….

But that is probably sheer coincidence. It is not likely that sound “Norwegians” should mind the healthy expansion of Oslo.

January 13, 2013 at 3:18 am

de Bacle,
    if there is a problem for a Jewish person in Oslo that is different from other Norwegians than this has to be reported and investigated by the police. We live in Norway in 2013! Fylkesmannen in Oslo can’t see all action and how they can be regarded by non christians. To be negative against Fylkesmannen in Oslo is not a constructive way to go. Personally do I get sick when I enter a church, but that is my own emotions that give me flash back from all the odd stuff the christians has sad and done. Personally have I no problems with mad christian’s when I stay away from church’s and christian organisations. It is irritating that it limits things I want to do, like singing that is dominated by christians her in Norway, but I think its a small thing to give up to be happy. To meet negative people that hurt one because its their right and they feel good about it is not my cup of tea! Sorry that I give you this de Bacle, but as Martin once sad to me, its because I care : ) Stay positive!

January 13, 2013 at 7:41 am

Hello Norwegian, yes you do care, and you are alos sensitive to others suffering. As we “Kol ha kakavod lakk.” All the honour to you for that.

It matters not who does or says what in Norway. The basic over riding problem is the sheer hatred towards the Jewish population by an extraordinarily powerful large minority, which is supported by the vast majority of pig ignorant majority who care for what they are shown.

Norway exhudes a hatred towards the jews which is recognised as “Respectable” by many and the shocking onslaught against Israel is actually welcomed due to the continuous propaganda machine operated by the powerful minority. The other problem is that most Norwegians are cushioned due to the relative wealth of the country because of North Sea oil. Other peoples problems, as seen by them and as shown by the establishment is causes resentment and hatred.

So one must ask, if this socilaism is actually national or international, or both? Norway shares a huge similarity with Nazi Germany and Soviet and Tsarist Russia in the attitude toweards the Jews. The propaganda as shown by so called cartoons echo those shown in the national socialist and communist garbage. I hesitate to call it the news media.

Unhappily, Norway is fast asleep having sweet dreams at how lucky they are with their wealth. Of course oil will last perhaps another 100 years or so, or however long, and Norway will still be rich. But at what cost? And is the cost worth it? Judging Norway today, the answer appears to be a resounding yes.

Israel has a far more vibrant society, with all sides having the opportunity to make their case, un like Norway. so, I would rather live in a monetary poorer, but socially richer country like Israel, than the pig ignorant and wealthy country like Norway.

After WW2, many younger Germans felt and some shame as to what their grandparents did during the war and questions those acts. I wonder whether in the future, young Norwegians will do the same?

Norwegian, you mention “Christians, as I have mentioned before, established Christian love of all mankind is fine with the exception towards the Jews.

January 13, 2013 at 9:21 am

: ) Martin you are sweet : )
    I really hope that all that have tried to end Jewsih life in Norway feel shame and see what they have done against people that survived 2 WW! For the young people in Norway I hope they will live in a democracy in the future, but I’m not so sure about that anymore, one just have to wait and see what people understand about their own situation and see if they can behave in a good way. Its not my job to help them in anyway : ) If it is going to end well it will. Sorry I have to stop writing on this page, it always ends in a drama : )
    Take care and be good : )

7. herbert deutsch
    January 13, 2013 at 7:18 pm

Well said Martin

January 14, 2013 at 4:40 am

Norwegian, never mind the drama, so long as you “Feel” that conditions need to improve for the sake of the country then, that suffices.

You are hopeful, I am cynical. you are trusting, I was but, not any longer.

January 14, 2013 at 11:11 am

Labour has its own non Jew problems:
    What is happening in Europa has nothing to do with religion:

Why do we humans allways want to limit things we don’t understand? That is the thing I find facinating about humans the need to controll others in every way. Martin how can we speak to people that just want to win? I think you are the one on this page that lead in this work, so my dear friend you are the hopeful and trusting one. I’m just a dreamer : ) Take care : )

January 15, 2013 at 4:05 pm

Thanks Herbert, nice to be back, and yes that Norwegian is still here as well..

I note that Obama has interfered in Israeli politics again with his negative comments regarding Bibi. Even the US diplomat in London has criticised the UK govt regarding a possible pulout from the EU. The UK should stay in the EWU becauee it suits the USA’s interests. How disgusating. I look forward, as well many others do, that Britain may regain it’s independence from the corrupt EU. A little like the mainly British stock who fought for their indepence against the British ruled by a German monarch, with German troops.
    No change there then…..

January 16, 2013 at 4:09 am

: ) Martin as a secular and non religious person in the public I do fall of some of the fights the media produce. Have they seen too many movies? I do my best to stay out simply because its not smart things I say in general, I just speak out from my own life experience, then its hard to see that to some people what I feel become very important to them. My doctor says that there is so many people that just look for someone, to love, hate, blame etc. And he knows me, I just want to have fun and see new things all the time. Then the public is not a place for a person that want peace : )
    This is really fasinating:
    She is the first albino model ever. To read about her life is just so cool! Take care Martin : ) Glad Herbert don’t get angry about unperfect women’s anymore : ) He has probaly lot of better things to use his energy on : )