Tromsø – the northernmost Judenrein city in the world

Tromsø has never been a safe haven for Jews, which proved to be tragic for the Sakolsky family that lived there until 1943, when they were apprehended by Norwegian police and sent to Auschwitz where they were summarily murdered. Ruth Sakolsky z”l never lived to see her 3rd birthday.

These days Tromsø keeps up its record of unfriendliness towards Jews or representatives of the Jewish state, now in the person of the Israeli ambassador, Naim Araidi, whom for the record is a Druze. Araidi has been declared a persona non grata in Tromsø by such prominent citizens such as terror doctor Mads Gilbert (why he isn’t in Syria helping Palestinian “refugees” who have been denied entry to the West Bank or Gaza by none other than PA president Abbas is a big mystery to me) to mention but one.

In stead, Tromsø city opens its warm bosom to the mayor of Gaza, who incidentally also has been given space in the media to whine that he and the Israeli ambassador should not be in Tromsø at the same time. What – did he forget to bring enough grad rockets and other terrorist equipment on the occasion?

Here is a little snippet of what the good citizens of Tromsø have to say about the prospect of hosting the Israeli ambassador. Also note the very inelegant statement of the Nordlys journalist, who states that the ambassador is there to visit a “Jew monument”. So, we can then gather that not only did Tromsø send their microscopic Jewish community to their untimely and very cruel deaths in 1943 – but also that the commemoration of this crime goes against the cultural tastes of this town today.

INCREDIBLY RUDE

Nordlys 2013 01 16, Sissel Wessel-Hansen

Summary.

Mads Gilbert consider Municipality of Tromsø rude over having invited Ambassador of Israel and Gaza mayor to visit Tromsø at the same time.

WHAT ARE THEY DOING?

Nordlys 2013 01 16

Lasse Jangås

Summary.

The cultural editor of Nordlys launches emotional attack on Tromsø City Councilor over inviting Israeli ambassador to film festival.

The cultural editor, Lasse Jangås, use language approaching anti-Semitism.

On inviting the Israeli ambassador to Tromsø:

“We don’t to do this in Tromsø. We don’t spit on our friends”.

I WISH WE WERE NOT HERE AT THE SAME TIME

Nordlys 2013 01 16, Guttorm Pedersen

Summary.

The guest of the Municipality of Tromsø – the mayor of Gaza –  states as his opinion that he and the Ambassador of Israel should not visit Tromsø at the same time.

Concerning the Ambassador’s agenda, the journalist state the Ambassador is to deposit a wreath at the “Jew-monument”.

23 comments for “Tromsø – the northernmost Judenrein city in the world

January 17, 2013 at 2:05 am

now I’m confused as Seinfeldt was in this:

Ups, is it crul to use a youTube to express what a mess some old AKP-ml makes her in Norway? Think we all start to get cluless about this people. Just hope Labours money gift to Hamas can get the poor Norwegians safe home. Pretty dum if all the money and time used on dialouge don’t give us any thing!

2. solinski
    January 17, 2013 at 2:19 am

What to do in Seattle when you are dead.

January 17, 2013 at 3:14 am

is this happening in Tromsø or Seattle?
    Solinski confused me really now : ) He is so charming and cute.

January 17, 2013 at 9:37 am

Well let’s behonest, who the hell wants to live in Tromsoe? Electric lights blazing in winter 24 hours a day in the winter. Let’s hope the Gazan “Ambassador” meets a little brass monkey, in case his baytsim drop off because of the cold. Mind you he will blame Israel for that.

Now then to be serious; Firstly, in Holland, the Jewish and non Jewish community are getting together to make a monument to list the names of all the Jewish children who were transported to perish in the death camps. Perhaps, the very tiny minority of Norwegian non Jews e.g. perhaps associated with Senter mot antisemitisme and Miff and the Jewsih community might get together to do the same. Who knows, it might make the morons understand the insult of equating Israeli treatment of the “Fakestians” with the horror of the Nazis towards the Jews. No doubt, the Gazan ambassador and his Norwegian friends will be horrified with that suggestion.

Secondly, we see yet again, the Muslims equating Jews as being descended from apes and pigs. I wonder if a Norwegian (even the ghoul read these columns) might care to ask the Gazan the following;
    a) Does he agree with this arguement, or believe it?
    b) Is this arguemnt or statement in his holy Kuran?
    c) Where did this statement originate from?
    d) Muslims supposedly revere the prophets{(Jewish) from the scriptures, or old testament as Christians will call it}, are they included ,too?
    e) Abraham was in effect the first Jew, or indeed Moses who collected the commandments, so were they also descended for pigs and monkeys?
    f) If so, how can they revere pigs and monkeys?
    g) Finally, what does it feel like, to be beaten in armed conflict by those descended from pisgs and monkeys, when you have superior numbers and superior quality of arms? Israel till quite recntly only had dated equipment.

Perhaps some of the known Muslim leaders in Norway, possible those who are highly regarded might with to answer the above? Pewrhaps some Norwegian might be brave above. Damn it, if I were in Norway, I’d bve outside the Storting waiting to ambush these highly regarded Muslims and demand answers.
    Yes, Abbas, Morsi and so many exist to insult us.

5. herbert deutsch
    January 17, 2013 at 10:53 am
  6. solinski
    January 17, 2013 at 12:51 pm

What I mean is, why anyone whould want to live there, a kind of settlement at Polar Circle on the land stolen from native population.

7. January 17, 2013 at 1:05 pm

very well put, and all they have to console themselves with is that mack beer substitute they serve up there. I am still chuckling from the extreme hump the good citizens of Tromsø got when it was suggested that Tromsø should be included in the Sami Speaking region, offering native Sami people road signs and public information in their language. Pretty thin stuff, this Tromsø version of solidarity!

January 17, 2013 at 1:30 pm

So Tromsø is a Norwegian settlement at the Polar Circle, why don’t the native people do terror against it as Gaza does against Israel? Maybe Mad Gilbert want to learn the Hamas people about how the Norwegians solve the conflicts with the native in a “peacefull” way.

What a mess!

9. Gábor Fränkl
    January 17, 2013 at 3:40 pm

Do you think they would sit up and take notice for a moment if you would send this very piece to the city authorities/mayor and tell him/them if they would be glad if this story got circualtion around the world in civilized countries, first and foremost Aemrica and perhaps Canada? Do you think they’d think about all this for a second with the added bonus to draw them into the mud of stale stinking fascism? I mean it very much and think it earnestly? Could they be embarrassed in front of others in the framework of a campaign, even if we have no guaranteed success, naturally??? What would the blogger say, please tell me?

10. Gábor Fränkl
    January 17, 2013 at 3:47 pm
    January 18, 2013 at 12:44 am

Gabor Frankl,
    you are talking about a city where they use the word horse dick as a salute to each othere : ) : ) : )
    Her in Norway common people are just glad when these people are not in the major news. Most of Norwegians care about what happen in Algeri now, so its just tastless what they do in Tromsø right now! Very intelligent people that where just working for the best have lost their life for nothing more than a man’s idea about a perfect world.

Oh dear G-d I really miss singing, but I can’t give to people that just take life out of one by ruin the people I come from!

January 18, 2013 at 5:12 am

When I lived in Norway, the joke was always about those living in Lofoten. Is it not time now that this humour be transferred to the citizens of Tromsoe, they deserve it. Anyway, faersk fisk fra Lofoten er bra. Have ha Tromsoe?

January 18, 2013 at 5:15 am

Gabor Frankel, I doubt those in Tromsoe even know which direction the USA and Canada lies. In the winder time, it is so dark, without street lighting, they can’t even see the end of their noses. This probably goes someway to explain their attitiude towards life. :)-

January 18, 2013 at 9:23 am

Martin : )

its typical Norwegian to make joke about things one don’t understand, think is odd or stupied. The joker might be telling that he/her is fool or point out a point. I really feel home in this part of the culture. Its a new thing that one can’t be like this because someone might get hurt by it.

Its really important that the Jewsih people in Norway show that they handle jokes because if they join in with the hurted people the Jewish culture will die her in Norway. Have you ever heard about a Jew that can’t tell a joke? I still remember my kindergarden
    joke’s : )

January 18, 2013 at 12:28 pm

World’s northernmost Judenrein city?

I bet there are cities in northern Canada and Siberia that could claim that title…..

It’s not like you hear about the great Jewish cultural life in Murmansk, Archangelsk or Whitehorse….

January 18, 2013 at 12:29 pm

And I’d still like to know why Israel hasn’t at least recalled its Ambassador to Norway? (And the one to Sweden too, for that matter.)

17. Gábor Fränkl
    January 18, 2013 at 3:53 pm

Martin, the name is Fränkl [ä=AltGr + A], I sooooo utterly hate and am disgusted by the name “Faankel, Frenkel” and so on. Partly b/c “kel” is in Hungarian somethnig like swell or pus…

18. ryddi
    January 19, 2013 at 8:51 am

has somebody a lead in web of this “Jew monument”?

January 20, 2013 at 2:48 am

Hi Martin,

last week there stood flowers outside our door, we had helped people next door one morning when their car brok dow. It was nice. Last evening it rang on the door in the evening. Non of my friends come on my door a Saturday evening with out calling and my family always plan what to do. So if we are not togehter they will never just show up. We knew that it had to be some neighbor and open up wondering what might had happen. A new care problem? A sick child?
    But out in the dark was there no one. This morning stood our mailbox nice outside of the door. I phoned my parents and all I got in respons was don’t speak about this, you just make it worse. As an educated woman I can’t just live my life as a zero hoping no one ever feels that I’m better than them. So this Sunday morning my neighbor woke up when I put the mail box back on its place. And I did use a hammer! And then I put up a note to the neighbor hood telling that the person to did it to come and speak to us and explain what has happen. I wonder if I will get a flower this time, because people what are they really made of? Fear? Lets hope not!

20. solinski
    January 20, 2013 at 3:52 am

Reason for Samis good behavior is probably, that there were decimated by the Norwegians, their women sterilised ( mostly in Sweden), a head of one of their fredom fighters until recently kept in 96 percent alkohol in Oslo as a trofee and so on.

21. January 20, 2013 at 1:33 pm

ehm, yes, but Tromsø is actually further north than any of those cities… hence the claim stands (I dont bother to include Hammerfest in the count, even if they too blithely murdered their Jewish inhabitant in 1942 (according to available information, it was only one, Isak Meyer Goldmann Z”L) and apart from being the supply hub for offshore petrol industry, it is not exactly a place where people queue to go for work or studies (OK, so some tourists find their way up there). Tromsø definitely markets itself as the paradigm of tolerance and the Paris of the North, greedily gobbling up each and every industrial or academic opportunity that could have benefited other northern towns who are struggling to keep their population numbers in the black. Greedy bastards. Besides, the beer is shite and it is always cold there! And they talk funny.

January 20, 2013 at 4:19 pm

Solinski,
    no we don’t have a mailbox anymore. Have to buy a new one tomorrow before the postman arrive. Personally have I just lost interest in people that have to behave odd to make their point. Its ok if people have any kind of problems and are open about their own misstakes that may lead difficult situations.
    If you make an efford to communicate I will respond you. But if its just sex, violence and attention you are after I give up on you. There are to many in this world that play that game!

January 21, 2013 at 12:09 pm

Gabor, I do apologise for my poor typing error, I am sure that you realise no insult was meant. Actually, having read about Marton Gyóngyósi, I suppose that the term “kel” willbe applicable, along with Linstad and all fascist and nazi sympathisers

Thank you for helping me the usage of ALT GR, I appreciate it.

Ryddi, I read article on one of the Israeli sites, maybe Arutz Sheva.