Tromsø gets some feedback

DISAPPOINTED OVER NEGATIVE REACTIONS

Nordlys 2013 01 17

Sondre Flægstad Koren

Summary.

Ambassador Araidi comments upon certain reactions in Tromsø:

“I am disappointed with the reactions which have come. If somebody holds the opinion I should not be allowed to come here, this reminds of totalitarian methods, where some people are not allowed to enter. Norway is a democracy. In Tel Aviv, anyone might come, be they from China or Russia”.

The Ambassador stated he does not want to meet with Gaza mayor Mekky.

“As far as I know, he is not elected, but imposed by Hamas, and we have no dialogue with them”.

PROGRESSIVE TOP WANTS TO CANCEL TROMSØ-GAZA FRIENDSHIP ACCORD.

Nordlys 2013 01 21

Øystein Barth-Heyerdahl

Progressive politician Bjørn Gunnar Jørgensen wants to cancel friendship accord between the cities of Tromsø and Gaza.

“I don’t find this natural”, Jørgensen says.

The question has been actualized after Gaza Mayor Rafiq Mekky was a guest to Tromsø Mayor Jens Johan Hjort in last week.

“The Mayor of Gaza is not democratically elected, but imposed by the Hamas terrorist organization”, says Jørgensen. Jørgensen does not care about Hamas winning a democratic election and Norway not regarding Hamas a terrorist organization.

“Norway is one of very few countries not having Hamas in its list of terrorist organizations. In my eyes, Hamas is a terrorist organization”, Bjørn Gunnar Jørgensen says.

He is a very central Progressive politician, seated in the Tromsø municipal council and is also regional secretary to the Progressives in Northern Norway. Formerly, he was a councilor to the Tromsø City Council, consisting of the Conservatives, Progressives and the Liberals.

By this, he criticizes his own regime, and Mayor Jens Johan Hjort.

“I do not think of this. I simply want to make my views clear. I don’t want people connected to the Hamas terrorist organization to cooperate with the City of Tromsø”, Jørgensen says.

He holds the opinion Tromsø and Gaza has nothing in common.“We shall be friendship cities to cities we have something natural to cooperate on. It may be trade, geography or climate conditions. Tromsø has nothing in common with Gaza, says Jørgensen, never the less emphasizing this:

“However, cooperation with civilian NGOs, like the prosthetic workshop, shall continue. They have done, and still does, and important job.

On Monday morning the Mayor of Tromsø Jens Johan Hjort was busy and not available to comment.

He has however spoken warmly of Gaza as a friendship city, and is not hostile to a visit to Gaza. The Gaza mayor has already invited Hjort to Gaza.

“If it fits into my plans, I would like to visit Gaza. It might be an interesting education”, Hjort stated during the visit.

Red politician Jens Ingvald Jensen is not surprised over Bjørn Gunnar Jensen’s initiative.

“The Progressives have proposed this earlier. What is special about this, is the Progressives being in the city council, with the Conservatives and the Liberals”, Olsen says.

He reminds of the fact Hamas is not regarded a terrorist organization by Norwegian authorities.

“I think it should be a minimum demand that one relates to official Norwegian policy, not to the personal opinions of the Progressives or Jørgensen concerning the world in general and the Middle East in particular”

10 comments for “Tromsø gets some feedback

1. herbert deutsch
    January 21, 2013 at 5:31 pm

Hamas is not a terrorist organization and Quisling in Norway is a modest embarrassment, but only because Germany lost. What else is new?

January 22, 2013 at 12:20 am

: ) Don’t worry ambassador you are in good company.

Rise a hand good Jews that never have experienced discrimination in public Norway. What no hands? Hm, thats odd Norway are so friendly to everyone but not the people they made a law against in 1814 : )
    Shame Norway, read your history before you talk or you get busted!

January 22, 2013 at 3:49 am

I really don’t know where but some others has clamed that NRK make fiction news.

Its so easy to make TV and News when all what one need is just a fool that says the “truth”. Sorry to all of you that spend money news hoping to get smarter. Better to take a beer on the pub, more sane people there : )

January 22, 2013 at 5:16 am

Well put Henry and norwegian.

The most disturbing factor is thetotal lack of any shame with these people within the elite camp. Mind you, to have shame, you also need honour, and of course that, too, is non existant.

5. January 22, 2013 at 7:25 am

Oh yeah, NRK has had to bow and beg for the scandalous interview where they portrayed a woman of Roma origin as some sort of victim of the Norwegian State. What they forgot to include in their highly biased story, was that the woman in question has been convicted of several counts of human trafficking, prostitution and rape of under age children, and that after having served her rebated sentence here in Norway, she will be extradited to Romania where she also is found guilty of fraud.
    It is perhaps not the first time NRK serves a pack of lies to the unsuspecting licensees, recalling several very grave misrepresentations of the ME situation and repeated allegations against Israel which have no base in reality, but in the politicized environment that has allowed to take hold among “journalists”.
    But it is perhaps the first time the NRK so completely misjudged their audience and made a complete hack of it. Now all they can do is roll over and apologize and just hope that the complaint one of the victims of this woman lodged with the media watch dog, wont lead to further deep scratches in their credibility (which anyway has been on the wane for a long while now)

January 22, 2013 at 8:08 am

this was the end for NRK’s monopol on truth, to me it ended in the Kosovo war. Sat in Italy and read the news there.

So it was you that had mention that NRK might produce some lies, was it Sissel something you talked once about? Poor lady, she failed to become a Jew have you head that? I did not see that one before, thank you. Great page you have anyway.
    Please come to Bergen for Purim, you know where to find us and its not as boring her as in DMT Oslo : )

We dance on the table and drink : )

January 22, 2013 at 8:14 am

it very important what you say. But I think non of us should judge each othere as individuals, we are not God. A movie to see:

January 22, 2013 at 10:15 am

norwegian, you are right, one should not judge. however, there does come a time when the hatred is so obvious,I refuse to stick my head in the sand and hope it will pass meby. I call a spade a spade and not a bloody shovel. As the expression goes. I believe my statement regarding the established elite is true, honest and correct. It is upto the eie to prove me wrong. Now that will be interewsting ,as I would happily meet them in open debate.

January 22, 2013 at 11:36 am

I prefer to let people boil in their own fat for a while and see what genuious thougths they figure out. Normaly they end up well : )
    A more Norwegian whay to say it: to let people think for them self, but at the same time be open to lisend to them : )

When people feels that its no options they tend to panic and do stupied tings, the art is to let people free and just hang around them even if it hurts to see them make the stupied mistake again and again.

10. Gábor Fränkl
    January 23, 2013 at 5:42 pm

Is Stein (from Tromso) Jewish?