lifted from vg.no

ISRAEL SNUBS BARTH EIDE VISIT

Verdens Gang 2013 02 07, Erlend Skevik

Israel has refused a request by FM Espen Barth Eide over a meeting with Israeli leaders ahead of the meeting of the International Donor Country Committee in March.

Sources within the Israeli government apparatus have informed VG of this.

As the leader of the IDCC for the Palestinians, Barth Eide is stated to be occupied with having a meeting with Israeli and Palestinian leaders in what is described as a meeting decisive for the destiny of the Palestinian economy in March.

“It is an established practice with the Norwegians of the FM visiting Israel and Palestine ahead of the IDCC meetings. The Israelis have always displayed goodwill ahead of such meetings connected to this. This does not prevent it from being many bits that have to fall in place connected to these meetings”, says Norway’s Ambassador to Israel, Svein Sevje.

Government talks.

According to the Embassy, the refusal is reasoned on talks over the establishment of a new Israeli government after the January elections still being ongoing.

“It is natural for the Norwegian FM to meet his counterpart during such visits. At present, Israel has no government; the establishing of a new government may take some time. Parts of the administration finds a visit under such circumstances very trying”, Sevje says.

In the meanwhile, it is confirmed other political leaders shall see Israel in the coming weeks. Recently installed Secretary of State John Kerry and the Sri Lankese FM shall visit Israel within a short time frame. Sevje points to not being acquainted with other visits; and will not speculate over the causes of this different treatment.

A source near the Israeli PM responds to questions concerning other countries visiting Israel ahead of the establishment of a new government; while the Norwegian FM has to wait:

“It has not been decided at which level talks with the Sri Lankese FM will take part. Concerning the Americans; they come and goes as they seems to please (sic)”.

Cancelled visit.

The staff of Barth Eide has for some time attempted to arrange a visit for the Norwegian FM to Israel and Palestine without success.. In December, the planned visit was cancelled after repeated attempts to find space for a visit between Barth Eide and Israeli leaders.

VG is acquainted with what is being an increasing annoyance within the Israeli MFA over what is preceived as Norwegian arrogance towards the Israeli political leadership. The perception among senior officials within the Israeli MFA is that the Norwegians expect the Israelis to adapt to the schedules of the Palestinian leadership.

Yigal Palmor, spokesman of the Israeli MFA, confirms to VG that the then FM Avigdor Liberman went far to arrange a meeting with his Norwegian colleague in December, Never the less, the Norwegian delegation chose to cancel the visit.’

“In spite of the Norwegian delegation changing it schedule three times; Liberman changed his schedule  every time to meet with the Norwegian minister, most likely due to problems on the Palestinian side” Palmor says.

According the Norwegian Ambassador, the Israelis have expressed their wish for a visit by the Norwegian FM.

The active Norwegian support for giving Palestine observer status within the UN led to strong reactions in Israel. Spokesmen of the Israeli government stated it would be impossible for Norway to play any political role in the ME after this.

“Norway has put itself in a very bad light, both due to the UN vote and through its misunderstood attempt to have a dialogue with Hamas. It is very difficult to see Norway play a political role in the ME after this”, Yigal Palmor of the Israeli MFA stated to VG after the UN vote.

Sevje does not hide the fact there are contentious issues between Norway and Israel; however denying there is a strained relations between the two countries making it difficult to arrange a meeting between Barth Eide and his Israeli colleague.

“The timing of the visit is being discussed, not whether the Norwegian FM is welcome. He is”, Sevje says.

21 comments for “The chicken has come home to roost – Israel MFA snubs Norwegian FM’s request for a meeting

February 8, 2013 at 8:55 am

the way VG write this news makes it more dramatic than what it really are. I wonder is this something you try to make a point on this page?
    More fact in the news please : )

2. February 8, 2013 at 9:05 am

I actually think VG has got the right end of the stick this time. True, there is a coalition negotiation going on in Israel and for the time being, until said negotiations have been concluded, there is no minister, only caretaker.However, after rude and inexcusable cancellations from Norways side, no doubt causing complications and unnecessary stress in Israel somebody might just have concluded that Norway is for the time being not worth wasting energy on…

February 8, 2013 at 9:31 am

now I find you as usuall very constructive and kind. I think VG should have not written anything. Norway cancelled three times, Israel once its a news about how arogant and lazy Norway really are. But that might be VG’s point to the Norwegian public, ups now will the paranoia people go mad. VG are controlled by ZIONISTIC page ISRAELWHAT. Come on old people on VD pick up the ball and make a complete idiotic comments about your weet conspiracy about Jewish terrorist’s. The lady is a reall Jew hater, she had problems in her childehood because of her German father. No she see her self in everywoman. What a funny funny old granny, just learn women are women worst! Have a lovely day McG. You rock my day!

February 8, 2013 at 9:53 am

……
    . .
    . .
    ……

McG this is a virtuall tissue so that the Freud hating lady can calm take away her virtual crocodile tears.

February 8, 2013 at 4:13 pm

Erm excuse my ignorance but….. who is the old dame?

Perhaps at long long long last, Israel has finally put norway where she belongs, at the bottom of the list. whosoever is an enemy of my enemy is my friend, whosoever, is an ally of my enemy, is also my enemy. Norway is not only the great provider of anti Israel/Jew hate by allying itself to the Arab side, it also has the gall to be a great friend of Hamas.

Hopefully, Israel might go a stage further and decide enough is enough and pull its diplomats out of God forsaken Norway and expel the Norwegian foreign ministry bastards and tell them to return to freeze up in Tromsoe.

February 9, 2013 at 3:03 pm

I too, wonder why Israel does not break relations with Norway. It would be rather cost-free, since Norway is not an EU member and has few Jews for Israel to protect.

If they don’t want to go that far, they still have a couple of options:

a) Recall the Israeli ambassador and declare the Norwegian ambassador as persona non-grata; reducing the relationship to a charge d’affaires.

b) Maintain relations, but close the embassy, and maintain relations through an embassy in Denmark or Sweden. This would also be considered a downgrade in relations.

February 10, 2013 at 2:34 am

Eric R. sorry to say so but Israel has not a car with Mossad agents looking after you. Sad to say so, you just have to behave love!
    It would be reall dum if Israel show a childish behavior and refuse to have contacts with Norway, yes we have our groups of people that need attention in Norway. And yes some has a weet dream to end Israel. We are a democracy and I know there exist groups that hate Norway around the world, funny : )
    But Eric there is so many more people her in Norway that just want peace and a safe world. But go ahead Eric R. be like your belowed Muslim friends and give Norway a slap in the face. Please come up with something new when you study your enemy, that is the point, not to become a copy : )

February 10, 2013 at 4:58 pm

Eric R, I should imagine that Denmark is the better of the two. The embasy could be placed in Esbjerg, viv a viv Tel Aviv rather than Jerusalem.

February 11, 2013 at 4:30 am

On norwegian, I, too, believe that Israel must severe all diplomatic connections with the fascist state of Norway. Israel does not have diplomatic relations with Iran, so why should it have relations with Iranian supporting Norway?

The last time Mossad agents were in Norway was a fiasco due to a Danish Jew who was scared of being in jail alone in the dark. they shot a Moroccan waiter in error, believing him to be one of the terrorists responsible for the Munich Games massacre. In fact, if memory serves me correclt, a very attractive Israeli woman who was part of the operation later married one of the legal team involved in the trials.
    You state that Norway is a democracy, fair ewnough. we all have our views about that. I don’t believe that Norway is so democratic. As in the UK and other western countries and Israel, you have a choice of choosing a government. As in Israel, it is formed by a number of political parties, which is Israel’s main problem and probably Norway’s ,too. In a real democracy, one is able to learn two sides of an arguement with the choice and opportunity of a reply. This is clearly missing in Norwegian politics. Hitler was democratically elected by the german nation and look at what happened there.

I doubt that there are nations that hate Norway at all. Not even I. Disappointed, yes. Disgusted, yes. To hate is to bring oneself to lowest denominator of humanity. Jews don’t hate, we leave that to the Muslims and Christians, both of which have a long recorded history of hate towards the Jewish people. However, there is the longest hate of all, which is the churchs hate towards the Jews.
    I too, give Norway a slap in the face, because of its open hostility towards its own Jewish population in general and and towards Israel in particular.

Norwegian, when was the last openly pro-Israel report you have seen or heard in the mainstream Norwegian news media?

Forgive me if you think that am hard on you, as I am sure that Eric R needs no help from me. Just why do you believe the two countries need to have diplomatic relations? It offers Israel no advantage whatsoever. However, it does propel Norway to a heady height in which it believes that it can continue to be a world player. Norway became a world player, as it was stupidly recognised an independent of the rabidly hating EU and therefore, neutral. Hence the disastrous Oslo Accords, the Arabs never complied with even one solitary item, yet Israel has and is still blamed.

I posted here not long ago all those Norwegians involved in the Oslo Accords. Everyone of them hates Israel. I mentioned that I have many quesations to ask of the Israelis involved. not only I consider them to be traitors. Many others do too, usually those who are aware of the truth

Some years ago, I was a member of a Masorti (conservative) synagogue in London and a very junior member of the backroom boys was invited to talk of the benefits for Israel in signing the Accords. I asked him so many questions,which he could not or would not answer. In fact he openly said that he will not accept any more questions from me. He came out looking very poor. I did not insult the man, nor did I use insdulting behaviour. I just quietly asked questions that he was embarrased to answer.

Finally, you say that Norway wants peace. norwegian, you my assurance, if any isd needed that no country wants real peace more than Israel. Yes, as was shown by my post about those Norwegians involved in the Oslo Accords, they too, want peace in the Middle East, without an Israel. That to me is not peace, that is suicide. Israel and the Jews living there before indepence till the present day have yearned for peace. To recognise the fact that your country, along with the EU, UN, USA, Arab oil producing states, Japan etc give financial aid worth many $billions, along with political, social, military aid amounts to helping those who want to massacre the Jews and bring Israel to a complete halt. To replace it with what? Not even the Arab states can agree on that They want war, Israel wants peace but is denied because of the hateful help these people receive to continue their crusade against the Jewish state of Israel.

Hope this helps you to really understand the main problems. Allow me to assure you, that even many of the left in Israel, now recognise Norway as being unfriendly untrustworthy and biased in the extreme.

February 11, 2013 at 9:47 am

“Does Israel protect any Jews in Norway? How can they? When did Norway let Mossad walk around free her? Last time they did something it became a public scandal!”

Norwegian, it is an open secret than in Antwerp (the last true Jewish Ghetto in Europe), there are a number of former IDF personnel with automatic submachine guns ready to protect the Hasidim. In the 2009 Gaza War, about 500 Islamofascists tried to break into the Jewish quarter. They were stopped by Belgian security forces. If they had entered the quarter, these IDF security personnel would have opened fire on them, killing dozens of them and possibly starting a civil war across all of Europe.

February 11, 2013 at 11:45 am

thank you for the information. Its a lot I don’t know and I do not want to be the one that stop people from talking. We need to get opinions out in the public, it just that Eric R. says it a lot that one should just give up about Norway. I don’t think Israel need Norway but I feel that Norway need Israel to build a peace image. Now the normal public her in Norway and Israel are not interested in this mission anymore, so lets hope the power people can see this.

February 11, 2013 at 12:46 pm

Eric R.
    at my last job was there a Muslim that went around and showed the nazi salute to me. Christians are not so open about their opinions so he was easy to spot to everyone. If some of the IDF ex personell had used they wepons I doubt that they had killed 500 probably young people. Why should there not be IDF ex personell around in Jewish homes in Europa?
    But when it comes to US there is a lot more problems with guns than her in Europa. Do you have any solution to that problem? Do you feel more safe if you have a gun, and would you ever know that you could use it when you need it?
    I just want to talk to you, I’m not trying to make you fall in love and take your heart and make you unfocused. I think the situation her in Norway makes you upset and why not write about what you see. We that live in it need inputs to make a progress forward.

February 11, 2013 at 2:34 pm

norwegian, I have given up with Norway becauee the hatred is so deeply engrained within Norwegian society as a whole. I believe that Norway should stay out of Israeli affairs of which it has no compassion, nor undertsanding. Israeli leftwingers stupidly or otherwise trusted the Norwegian elite that has cost a thousand or more Jewish lives, murdered by the poor Fakestinian friends of the norwegian elite.

Norway insists it has the right to intervene and interfere, well it doesn’;t. Who the hell are these Norwegians to believe that they, as uebermenschen can tell subhumans how they can live? Perhaps Israel should start a campaign for the release of ABB because he never had a fair trial. He faced prejudice by the media and government befoire the case came to court.

As mentioned before norwegian, I hate nobody. I love, like, dislike and detest, but not hate. I leave that to the goyim, be they Christian or Muslim. No, Israel out of Norway now! enough is enough.

February 11, 2013 at 3:55 pm

I really hope no Jew in Norway will accept help from Neo-Nazi or NS that likes Israel. I really hope all can see that they have to trust them self and that real peace in Israel will only be possible with a army for a long time. It will be loss of human life sadly. And I hope most people can just avoid activists that has to make their day awfull just because they where born Jewish. There are no easy solutions to this conflict, Israel is has been unvanted for 2000 years and what is the option? Give up and say oh no this was to hard? Its just to stand in it and do it! Arg Jewish men stop runing around like headless chickens. I don’t see the point in all the complaining when there is no option!

February 12, 2013 at 5:06 am

norwegian, Jewish people will not accept help from the Nazis for one very simple reason. Help from the Nazis will not be offered to the Jews. Why not? Seeeemples, they hate the Jews more than they do anyone else.

Not for nothing have the neo nazis and the neo fascists with the neo communists rallied together against the common enemy, the Jeww and Israel.

The Jewish people have wanted a tate for over 2000 years. Now and again, some “real” Christians believe in the jewish people and their wanted and now given state.

I know do not act like headless chickens neither do most Jewish people that I know of. Other than Norway…. I can only believe those Born Jewish who have found their true religion, being socialism or Communism are the headless chickens. They havce to prove just how nice they are and are willing to give up their heritage, just see the Mandelsons in the UK as proof. The only other people I can thin of, in my mind are not really Jewish are the Naturei Karts who befriend the PLO, applaud when Jews are murdered, insult all other Jews. ow can any Jew do this to another Jew is completely beyond me, as is Jewish learning.

The option is to accept and / or give up otherwise fight back

February 12, 2013 at 9:11 am

This was new to me:

So one can provocotate men with putting clouts on : ) What a geniuous ideas : ) This I like : )

February 12, 2013 at 11:29 am

Norwegian,

I do not own a gun and never will, but what you are getting from your leftist news media about guns in the USA is pure Marxist propaganda (which is what we get from most of our media, too, which is also pretty much leftist garbage). The goal of the left is to disarm the population, so they can impose their leftist tyranny on us.

The left-wing elites do not want to rule over citizens. They want to rule over beaten down, passive subjects who will never revolt.

It is no coincidence that Hitler, Stalin and Mao (who murdered 150 million between them) all very much believed in keeping guns out of the hands of the people.

February 12, 2013 at 3:17 pm

Eric R.
    when you say so I believe you. Sorry that I made you so mad. I think as Martin says one has to be born in Norway and a European contery to accept a lot of the things that happens her. Lucky my family has always been very pro-America and during the cold war it was never a question if America would make it just when. I’m really great full for that, because that period was hard for a lot of people. And as I see it now a lot started with conspiracy thinking in this period.
    Its feels like old ghost run around in Europa after the Sovietunion fell. Its been going on for about 10 years now and its odd to see how easy people abuse people from est Europa. Not much sosialismen when it comes to pay people that one feel are less worth. My problem is that a lot of the est European look a lot like my family and they act similar. And we are taken for est Europeans as well by people that don’t know us very well. Its like losing a identity and gain a new one. And my wonder is if am I the only one that feel this change?

February 12, 2013 at 4:18 pm

personally I don’t understand why some Jews tries to make their goals so limited that the goal become more important to them than life. Thats all!

February 13, 2013 at 5:09 am

norwegian,

It depends on what you mean by having limited goals. The early Zionists in Israel had a simple goal. To return to the land of their forefathers and build a society with the dream of their own country. That important goal for them was a matter of life (and death, too)which was dangerous because of marauding illiterate Bedouin, highly corrupt and ineffiecient Ottoman control.

Most if not all early Zionists were well eduacated (as European Jews traditionally were schooled), and for many, their love of the land meant they gave up a higher standard and quality of lfe to start anew. What a dream, to have this as a goal.

It’s a little like in the film Crocodile Dundee II, when Mick who needs to spring his wife from her abductors asks a “Tough” and coll gang, what they did last night and the night before?

The newcomers from east Europe and the Arab Muslims are all economic migrants. How many are truly fearting for their lives? We are very concerned in the UK at having been lied to before by our Socialist government in allowing a few thousand from east Europre before under Blair and Brown. It turned into a tsunami of humanity wanting to receive all the benefits which normal tax payers have to fund, inaddition to all the social and mediacal problems too.

Be very aware of this flood. Many choose to come to the UK for reasons above. Norwegian, the Blairites and Browns of the Labour party have openly admitted that they brought in all these conomic migrants for one truthful reason. To destroy the Conservative party, as Labour wiil remind this million of people who allowed them in. Why do you think that your communist/socialist governme nt is any different. The whole social/political map of the UK has changed, and not for the better but, worse.

February 14, 2013 at 3:16 am

In the perfect world est Europa would have been a good place to live also the Muslim contery. Why its not so is what I want to focus on. When people from this places start to complain about that they are robbed and keept down, that is when I just stop talking to that person than its a sosial and mental case that someone else has to fix. I agree with you that to get in mental cases form est Europa and Muslim contery are bad for us all. Even the Labor her in Norway say that. Its costs a lot!
    But the people I speak about are them that do everything they can and are payed less than what the should!

The main goal to all normal Israeli has to keep their conetry safe and go into the military. As a woman her in Norway I have never been raised to go to the military and my family would not wanted me to do so. But I have been told all my life to be 100% lojal. I dated a very nice man from the military and my family asked me to end it because I made him unfocused and it might be a problem for him and the military. I had one year where it was really bad after that. Sorry I just find israeli that complain about the system a bit mad its ok with constructiv critic that I find very usefull. Its a lot of constructiv critic to talk about in the Norwegian system and I guess UK is not perfect as well : )