Norway’s dalliance with anti-Semitism exposed at Hebrew University

Just when the Norwegian elites think they can get away scot free from their sordid little love affair with borderline anti-Semitism, you can trust Gerstenfeld to expose their soft underbelly…

Report: Vidal Sassoon Center Lecture

Funding PA terrorists is only the tip of the iceberg. Dr. Gerstenfeld spells out the details of Norwegian anti-Semitism.

From Arutz Sheva Staff

During his lecture at the Vidal Sassoon Center at Hebrew University, anti-Semitism expert Dr. Manfred Gerstenfeld said that Norway serves as a most useful example to expose anti-Semitism and anti-Israel hate-mongering in the Western world. He listed a number of events in this Labor party-dominated Scandinavian country which would have been admired by Nazis.

Among them was a year-long honoring of the Nobel Prize for Literature recipient Knut Hamsun in 2009. This Nazi party member dedicated his award to German propaganda minister Joseph Goebbels. The government of current Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg also spent twenty million dollars to build a museum in Hamsun’s honor.

In 2010, the Norwegian Embassy in Damascus funded an exhibition there of a series of Israel-hate drawings by Norwegian painter Hakon Gullvag. After the horrific Breivik murders in the summer of 2011 on the island of Utoya, it became widely known that this camp of the Labor Youth Organization AUF was largely devoted to the anti-Israel indoctrination of youngsters from 14 years and up.

At present, a parliamentary committee is investigating whether the accusations of Norwegian Conservative Parliamentarian Peter Gitman that the Norwegian government is indirectly financing Palestinian terror are correct. Palestinian Media Watch, an Israeli NGO has published that recipients of a monthly salary from the Palestinian Authority include those serving multiple life sentences in Israeli jails for murder. Earlier this year, King Harald V awarded a Royal Medal of Honor to Muslim anti-Semite Trond Ali Lindstad. After much criticism – from abroad also – the King had to rescind the honor and apologize.

Gerstenfeld also mentioned that in 2009, the second largest TV station TV2, paid for a trip to Oslo for condemned British Holocaust denier, David Irving. He was given a quarter of an hour of broadcast time in which he could expose his fabrications.

In 2008, comedian Otto Jespersen said on the same station, TV2, “I would like to take this opportunity to commemorate all of the billions of fleas and lice that lost their lives in German gas chambers without having done anything wrong other than settling on people of Jewish origin.” There was much outrage after this, but the TV’s management kept backing Jespersen.

Gerstenfeld provided further examples of anti-Semitism and anti-Israelism by Norway’s government, politicians, universities and academics, media, NGO’s, church leaders, trade unions and many others. He explained that a little-known type of racism is rife in Norway. This humanitarian racism ignores or whitewashes crimes committed by people of color, and non-Westerners. This goes against the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, which states that all people are responsible for their own deeds. By looking away from Palestinian and other Muslims’ crimes the current Norwegian government became a racist one, which also includes some part-time anti-Semites. Gerstenfeld pointed out that the Norwegian media followed similar practices by intentionally ignoring many mass murders occurring in Arab and Muslim countries, while stressing Israeli shortcomings.

In addition, Gerstenfeld quoted a study by the Oslo Holocaust Center which stated that 38% of the general Norwegian population thinks that Israel behaves toward the Palestinians in the same way that the Nazis behaved toward Jews. Another study undertaken by the Oslo municipality showed that one third of all Jewish high school students are verbally or physically harassed at least two or three times per month.

Gerstenfeld contrasted Norwegian arrogance and incitement regarding Israel’s security issues with its own inabilities. Its former Chief of Staff Robert Mood said that the Norwegian army could at best defend perhaps one neighborhood in Oslo, certainly not the whole country. When the first information about the ongoing Breivik murders on Utoya arrived Norwegian police exhibited total disarray. Many parts of the subsequent police action went wrong, as has been detailed by an investigative committee.

Gerstenfeld concluded by saying that if Norway had to confront the challenges which Israel faced in the last decades, the country would have ceased to exist long ago.

15 comments for “Norway’s dalliance with anti-Semitism exposed at Hebrew University

1. March 18, 2013 at 3:13 pm

Vidkun Quisling would be proud.

2. de Bacle
    March 18, 2013 at 3:54 pm

This Gerstenfellow just won’t let go, will he ?
    And G, he didn’t even get to Galtung, Graaf or Gaarder !

3. March 18, 2013 at 10:50 pm

Oh dear, I think we Norweguans are in for a very tough time. So far, Gerstenfeld has been spot on with everything he has said. Woe and betide us if he has got more in store about us..

March 18, 2013 at 11:50 pm

we have a Jewish community in Norway that are more uptaken to tell the news about their bad Jews than to figure out how to educate people to be Jews and calm down conflicts inside!

Did you know that to experience antisemittim can give the same symptoms as sexual abuse give? Its funny when people act dramatic but it should be on a opera stage!

The stupied Illuminati show did gave us a good opera, poor people that believe it exist. Make more money to the farmacy!

5. de Bacle
    March 19, 2013 at 12:15 am

It seems to me that, if one wants to use Norway as an “example” of expression of anti-Semitism in Europe, the marked phenomena here is the massive anti-Semitic driving Israel-bashing in media. http://www.MIFF.no is a Norwegian blog that has done a good job at exposing, with statistics, one aspect of media anti-Semitism – the extreme focus on ISrael.

Gerstenfeld looks downstream to that – events of expressions of anti-Semitsim – just looking at one and one of incidences – and so some who read him erroneously claim thiese are not representative – i.e. they are “comedians” “cartoonists” – etc.
    But where is this coming from ?

It would be interesting to compare Norwegian Media, say 2000 – 2010, with the rest of Europe, when it comes to slanderous, biased, erroneous and asymetrical Israel-bashing – as an indictor of anti-Semitism. Not to speak of the Foreign minister these years…

But I suppose that would take a PhD or two to do. Nevertheless, I’m convinced that from the media point of view, Norway was one of the worst in Europe.
    Lately, they’ve calmed down. Wonder why.

March 19, 2013 at 2:43 am

As I’ve said before, a lot of the blame lies with Israel for tolerating this. If Israel broke off or downgraded diplomatic relations and threw Norwegian reporters out of the country, Norway might — just might — begin to understand.

March 19, 2013 at 4:34 am

Eric R.
    soon will Martin come and say this is so great Eric way to go man. Arg where are you men when you are really needed? Pussy!

March 19, 2013 at 5:25 am

de Bacle,
    I doubt that we are so lucky that Gerstenfeld one day closed his eyes and let his finger stop whit the realative unknow Norway where the grass is green, we all sing in school and decided: now it will be the worst contery in all Europa. This is mainly what you say now, can you please say tanks to man that use time so that you don’t have to experience 2009 again or is that forgotten today?

After reading Gule I understand your opinion on PhD you give a person three years to figure out that your opinion is correct. Well that is not how one do it out of Norway so, why not give it a reall try and outsorce the PhD to a third world contery and see what they say.

March 19, 2013 at 6:42 am

norwegian, I won’t disappoint you , by agreeing with Eric R. It is a real waste of Israeli (for the most part Jewish and Druse) tax payers money yo keep diplomatic relations with Norway. If it is necessary to keep relations with Norway, then why not ask for dip relations with her best buddy Iran and Hamas run Gaza?

I am unfamiliar with every news item or media in Europe. But let us concentrate on western Europe, which supposedly is the most democratic and civilised. From what I can gather, many negative reports concerning Israel are made. The difference being, in Norway the media is government controlled and friendly with the establishment. There is no cause to disagree with friends in hihgh places. Note, most of those countries operating in such manner are usually left wing controlled. Just look at the “Drekk” who run the EU, so many are (ex?) hardline Communists. So what can you expect.
    In the UK, very often there are negative reports, misleading articvles, horrendous cartoons etc. The difference here is the fact that it is possible to have formal replies and even apologies made. The Sunday Times has apologised, Irish TV apologised. Who apologised for the little dickhead Jens Aspeersen? (He needs a good Jewish boot placed where it hurts most. That is the answer to bigots). That is an open press and media. That is democracy. That is what’s missing in Norway.

I have no doubt that if Dr G wanted to or had the time, he will uncover far more than hitherto, bless him.

March 19, 2013 at 8:22 am

Ofcorse martin im not dum,
    next time I write I put a carrot in my paints and I beet it will do it.

This girl just missunderstod it all!

Eric R.
    sex before duracell was like snow one never know how many iches one get or how long it last!

March 20, 2013 at 7:45 am

Gerstenfeld also lived in the Netherlands and writes even more about anti-Semitism in that country, where 75% of Jews were exterminated in WW2.

As for you, Norwegian — this is a family blog, and we will have none of that dirty, off-color humor here…. :)

March 20, 2013 at 7:48 am

norwegian, went to the site and saw it was SV. How could you? Yes, it must be the carrot in your pants that did that.

eric, I look forward to your answer
    :)-

March 20, 2013 at 9:53 am

Eric R.
    as Martin and McG knows I just kick your leg as McG nicely put it
    : ) We are looking forward to read more from you on this page, that you kindly respons every question you are given from the family. And when you show this behavior I will behave most plessant to all in the big family. Not odd I had to marry out of the family to get anything : )

All best

March 21, 2013 at 5:50 am

Eric, my mother’s maternal and paternal family were originally from the Netherlands. All members of the family who were still living in the Netherlands prior to the death camps were murdered, except three survivors.

I met the three survivors in that country around 1959. One was in a very bad condition and succombed very shortly after I visited him. The second was sterilised and married, living near to Arnhem in a village named Ede. The third,too, was sterilised and lived in Amstelveen near to Amsterdam. This means of course that other than Dutch descended relatives alive in the UK, the Dutch history, like so many European communities is just a memory.

And these 40% Norwegian schmuks believe that we treat the “Palestinians” as badly as the Nazis treated the Jews.

Hi norwegian, it’s okay, I love your humour, as mentioned with Henry some time earlier, the older one becomes, the worse one becomes. Well even sdtatement can be risque. Ikke sant?

March 21, 2013 at 9:10 am

this story you will just love. My mother wanted to save some money on a Laura Ashely dress so she figured out that my grandmother and father should take me and my cusin to England since a friend of her had told her that it was money to save. We went and we did not find the color that my mother wanted, and tried to call my mother to ask if it was ok. But this was before the selfphone so we decided that my mother would be a lot more angry for non dress than a wrong color. At the way home my grandfather had this good idea that he and my cusin had to see me in the dress. My poor grandmother was so proud of my grandfather to be so kind to show this nice attention. I had to go into the small bathroom and my grandmother had to help me to get the dress on. It was really a lot of hard work. When I came out my grandfather was smiling a lot, and asked me to pick up something on the floor. Suddenly my grandmother start to scream and pull me up and start to curse him. He is just smiling and saying our granddaughter has got really nice tits and my cusin is on the floor because he knew it from the begining. My grandmother trow them out and say that they are not welcome back for an hour she needs to rest. When they came back there where no sorry it was just learning by doing. When we come home my mother freaks out because of the color. It was really nice when my grandmother sad: next time it just you and I that go we let the rest of the mad people stay home : )

With the old learning the young I think men in general, hm have a poor reputation to protect when it comes to the thing we don’t talk about : ) But to talk about duracell is ofcorse the ultimate insultation for any man : )

Eric R. has to improve his attitude by midnight or did he not understand the how could you, at home it means smart done!