In Oslo, the capital of Norway, a right wing coalition is the ruling majority.
All of the left wing parties supportd the Plan & Building Service Authority in the Oslo City Council when they now wanted to revoke the right of the Israel Embassy to keep the security wall around the Embassy.The Plan & Building Servcies, despite the recent ruling that the Israel Embassy is allowed to stay in its present location, a decision that overruled both the Plan & Building Services as well as the County Governors Office, obviously didn’t want to let it go at that but now tried to trip the Embassy by rulingt that they are not allowed to keep the security wall.
The right wing coalition have alrady declared their intention to run a more Israel friendly foreign policy if, or when, they come to power in the elections to parliament this autumn. In Oslo, however, the right wing coalition is already now in the majority, and so this ruling, klobbering the left wing Israel haters and the Plan & Building services, are news as sweet as candy.
Google translate:
The conservative party (H) and coalition of the City Council klobbered the Planning and Building Services ruling.
By Andreas Slettholm, Aftenposten
published online 20 march 2013
– We are skeptical about this. In 2002, we granted a temporary exemption, and in 2010 we were clear that this was the last time we gave exemptions such an exemption. I find it very strange that the Commissioner’s view has changed since last time, says Ingvild Reymert (SV) [radical left].
The Israeli embassy security has been a hot potato in the City Council also earlier.
In January came news that the Planning and Building Services will now remove the two security fences around the embassy. In addition to continuous police guard outside embassy, ​​it is namely two walls of 2.10 meters on each side of the embassy plot.
Fences violate zoning in the area and the exemption that was granted in 2010 have now expired. Part of the assessment of the Planning and Building Services was that the embassy has had plenty of time to find new premises or alternative security solutions that do not conflict with the regulation.
The Left voted against
Tonight Urban Development Committee at City Hall, however, overruled the agency. Right, Left and Progress Party secured a majority for giving a permanent exemption.
– I do not feel that this violation of zoning is so large that we can not provide this exemption, said urban councils Baard Folke Fredriksen (H).
Labor, Socialist Left and the Greens voted against, and proposed instead a temporary exemption for 2015, assuming that the embassy by then must have found the new premises.
– Actually, I would not give an exemption at all, but since the embassy is still there, we have no choice. But with a permanent exemption, we have provided the embassy right that they do not need to deal with zoning, says Reymert (SV).
Have tried
Folke Fredriksen emphasized that since 2010 has made a number of attempts to find other solutions to the embassy.
– Commune Cultural Heritage Management Office and the State Department have all been involved in finding other local and solutions. One of the most realistic option seemed to be to let the embassy where they are, but to take away the fences. In return, we ensure built in a completely different way. But it turned out that the building, for technical reasons, could not tolerate the type of fuse, says Folke Fredriksen.
The case is sent to the City Council for a final decision, but it is highly unlikely that the parties would vote differently there than in the standing committee.

24 comments for “Oslo right wing coalition klobbers the Left wing conspiracy against the Israel Embassy

March 21, 2013 at 6:17 am

Israeli pressure to pull out otherwise? Hope so!

2. Michael
    March 21, 2013 at 12:44 pm

This is good news indeed

March 22, 2013 at 1:17 am

you and Eric R. right its just perfect is Israel break all diplomatic bonds with Norway : ) Then the Jewish we her in Norway can say what ever we want and the Oslo accord will be regarded as a sucess : )
    Had no clue that you boys where really on the left what a fun experiens!

Ok then, one less thing to think about that men says : *)

March 22, 2013 at 9:09 am

Norwegian:

If Martin and I felt confident that the conservatives in Norway could keep power, we would not call for a break in relations. But with the left dominating the news media, entertainment, and the universities (all those things that shape public opinion), it will not happen.

Therefore, I call on Israel to do the following:

– Give Norway 60 days to legalize shechitah. If it does not, then Israel has the right (in fact, the obligation) to break diplomatic relations because Norway is not allowing the free practice of the Jewish religion. Diplomats and journalists from Norway should be expelled, and Israelis should be barred from signing contracts with Norwegian firms.

Using the same criteria, Israel must make the same demands of other countries that outlaw Kosher – Sweden, Iceland and Switzerland.

March 23, 2013 at 1:06 am

Eric R.

In a perfect world Norway would give after and give us Jews her in Norway the right to live free. As a child I really question my family a lot why on earth we should stay in a contery that really has shown in all kind of ways that they disliked us. That always started a history lesson about how that kind of attitude to just give up and change was the reason to all kind of problems. Then its was the Greek, the Romans, the Spanish osv.

For me as a person is it impoertant that Norway protect the Jewish culture because it will to me be a prow that we have turned into the modern world. And I want Norway to do it because of us Jews that has allways been pro-Norwegians even when there where no reason for it at all. To me is that what differnesiate us Jews from the Muslims we love the contery we live in more than we respect any power inside the Jewish commuity. We are lojal and determend. Why should we not be rewarned after all the years we have been working for peace and progress for Norway? We also have proven that we will protect Norway against Israel. Just look at de Bacle he tells story from the Israeli embassy.

My question to you is can you just be my friend? You don’t have to agree with me on everything I do, lord knows I do a lot of mistakes. But I like company and you I really like : )

March 23, 2013 at 5:22 am

norwegian, Eric has expressed himself most eloquently, as usual. It is most strange to be classified as a leftwing supporter. I have never ever voted for a socialist party, even though I am from a solid “working class” background. I should have been perfect material, as a young Jew from east London, having been told this by a top union official back in the late 1970’s.

I absolutely despise the Marxist dogma, and have yet to see other than the UK’s national health service after world war2 any social success whatsoever. At a meeting with a top Labour (socialist) MP, a supposed friend of the jews and Israel, I confirmed my attitude that British socialism had betrayed the Jewish people and Israel. I mentioned here once before, that when questionned about Jews being barred from living in Judea and Shomron was Jew hatred, his response was “that’s interesting.” He was unable to continue his thoughts further.

Please explain norwegian, how can the Oslo Accords ever be anything other than a total disaster for Israel, culminating the the deaths, wounded thousands of Jewish civilians, after Brundtland’s “darling” Arafat decided to push his intifada? They were a success for the “Fakestinians”, so how can that be a success for the Jews, other than the types like Meretz supporters and other extreme left Jews? Probably Sender will consider the Accords a success because it all happended in Norway!

March 23, 2013 at 8:56 am

if Israel break all relation with Norway they will lose more than by working with the situation. I’m just pragmatic about things, fiction has never been my escape. Eric R. anserw was really good, what I’m hoping for is that he can develope into a team player. Thats all, but you might just have given him a good exuse to make a action : )

Have a happy Ester Martin, if you felt that I’m hard now just think about Holst, poor confused man. He is in a reall chaos.

Happy Ester to you too McG : )

Eric R. I’m hoping : )

March 23, 2013 at 11:43 am

norwegian, I wish you a happy Easter. As a Jew, I do not celebrate Christian holidays. The word paaske is from the Hebrew Pesakh, or the Passover, which we, as Jews, will celebrate instead.

The Jewish holiday commemerates the exodus from Egypt under the leadership of Moses. As a matter of interest, I was talking with a Christian reverend yesterday, who upon learning I am Jewish, had a huge grin on his face and exclaimed with genuine feeling “How wonderful.” He mentioned that only the Kohanim have the same DNI, and in response, we both were aware of the Lemba tribe in Zimbabwe, who have the same dni as I do. He was also aware aware that the Kohanim are descended from Aharon, the High Priest, Moses brother.
    Why should I need a Christian holiday with my background. As a Jew of course, we don’t require a middleman, we have direct communion with the Almighty instead.

Please explain norwegian, just how Israel will lose out by not having diplomatic relations with the leftwing extremists in your establishment? I look forward to your reasons.

March 24, 2013 at 12:53 am

sorry, happy Passover.

My reason is that one gain more by keeping on than by giving up and you know that!

March 24, 2013 at 1:17 am
    March 24, 2013 at 1:43 am

happy Passover to you and lets hope all get the right spirit on the Exodus we are now on!

To my Christian friends have fun with the souls you have stolen, we will win them back : )

March 24, 2013 at 2:27 am
    March 24, 2013 at 4:20 am

“Eric R. anserw was really good, what I’m hoping for is that he can develope into a team player.”

Israel needs to be a team player, but with a different team – China, Japan, India, Singapore, Korea. Countries that do not have a history of 2,000 years of irrational, murderous Jew-hatred.

Israel needs to give up on the “European team.” Europe will be bankrupt and Muslim in 50 years anyway.

March 24, 2013 at 4:23 am

Norwegian,

As a Jew who is a Republican, (from a family of Democrats and most of whose Jewish friends are Democrats), believe me, I know how to deal with people whose politics are different from mine.

March 24, 2013 at 11:29 pm

Eric R.

Martin will be happy by this anserw.

I had hoped for something better than status quo, the worst would been that I had scared you a way with the drama. Can I ask why you have choosen to become Republican when you friends and family are Democrats? I have a feeling that you also have choosen a more conservative Judaismen than your family and friends have is that true? I also have a feeling that you are around 30 years, I might be completely wrong her : ) If you learn your self Mandarin I just have to say that is so cool! I love to make Chinees food : ) Well the easy one that one can make and the children love to eat.

All best, remember to have fun with family and friends, I’m sure they like you as you are! I do!

March 25, 2013 at 1:47 am

Norwegian, I am a Republican because as a teenager, I read the Gulag Archipelago, and read about the genocide of Communism (even back then, most media was dominated by the left and had little to say about this genocide). I also saw Democrats as excusing and defending this evil.

And as the Democrats have gone further left, until they are now a Socialist party, I feel that I made the right decision long ago.

Two other things – I am in my 50s, and although I was brought up in the Conservative branch of American Judaism, it might surprise you that I am not very observant now.

March 25, 2013 at 4:04 am

Yes, norwegiana, I am happy with the answer from Eric R. He is quite right. I only have one problem with Europe becoming Muslim.
    Unfortunately, the USA is also having real problems with their Islamic citizens, pushed along by CAIR and the great oil lobby. One look at the once great metropolis of Detroit tells us that the city should be twinned with any European city today. Cities fall into disrepair and ruin once the Muslims become a major part of the city. I believe Groenland in East Oslo is a good example from what I have understood. How different from the Jewish areas of towns, where standards rise. That is what causes jealousy though,doesn’t it?

March 26, 2013 at 8:23 am

If one has to much money this might be a cool thing to help:

Looking forward for your anserws Eric R. to my questions.

March 26, 2013 at 3:00 pm

Eric R.
    I had no clue how to imagen you at all, you have been very short until now about any kind of hints about your self. So it has been impossible to make a image of you at all. I was completly wrong about your age. I had believed that something big had made you become a Republican. I really have no very good anserws why the left her in Norway has come so close to the Communism, after Utøya its something one should not point at. My hope is that the right win the elction but I’m realistic.
    It does supprice me a lot that you are not very observant on the Judaismen now yes, I had imaging that you had fallen in love with a Hasidic woman : ) and was working your way in. Hm, so you knew your hits, fasten seat belt boy we are going up a level.

All best and have a happy Passover : )

This was fun McG : ) Tanks : )

March 26, 2013 at 3:39 pm

if you did not have this info about Eric R. I guess you like him a even better now : ) If that is possibel : )

I agree that we have to talk about the attitude to religious/idealistic people, and the way they see them self as a part of a democracy. As I see it its the Muslims and the left that use the feeling cart most her in Norway and it its impossible coroporate with them when they do so. We all are losing on this game!

When it comes to jealousy, once when I was young a girl took a half pint and gave me a complete shower in a disco. Well I just turned and sad thanks I was so hot and continued to dance. Never ever seen her green face again, wonder why : )

Have a happy Easter.

March 27, 2013 at 2:42 am

my conclution now is that the Israel hate the left clame are just a helping hand to the poor people of Palestina is a mix of growing Jewish identity feeling on the 70 and the oil crisis.

My respons to left peoples self declamed right to speak about how awfull Jews are will for all times and ever be: what a lovely weather we have today, have you done anything fun lately dear? Love to talk to you but just have to leave now are in a hurry, tubuly. Love ya.

March 27, 2013 at 12:23 pm

Norwegian, thank you for your answer. Of course, I totally disagree with you. You of course did not explain what Israel will lose. Political co-operation with Norway? To make an even worse image o9f Israel for Norwegians? Lack of trade, more calls for BDS?

If Israel showed more self respect as a nation, I would feel so much happier, for Israels sake.

Perhaps norwegian, you might make a list up of what Norway will lose. Especially politically. How about having no more direct say in Israeli politics? Money sent from Norway to the etxreme left in Israel such as the traitorous Meretz etc, would really suffer, along with other friends of Norway and the Arabs.
    I have no doubt that, again, Eric R would not disagree.

March 28, 2013 at 12:06 am

how good to hear that you 100% dissagree with me : ) Or I would have been clamed to have become brain washed by you : )

I want a free Jewish life her in Norway and that it should be natural that Jews in Norway can’t be accused to work for Israel by anyone. Its should also be natural that Norwegian Jews support Israel and that it is regarded as anti-semittic to say anything bad about Israel to a Jew! How would Norwegians feel it if they had to defend Norway in Israel everyday? That is example you use Martin and its a good one! I really liked it : )

In my eyes Israel show a very modern and calm politic. I’m impressed by the level they have on their population in general. We her in Norway have to help the public in Israel with aid. Its sad that some idealistic people on Israel left has made a fake image that Isral is just milk and honney. Its not so Martin, its children there that are poor and that needs our support in anyway we can give them. What about opening homes her in Europa and help poor families with education of their children?

I hope all in Meretz will see in their dreams what they close their eyes for in the day!

24. AbeBird
    April 15, 2013 at 2:37 am

Why not give the Israeli ambassador to Stockholm to be accredited also to Oslo? I think that Israel definitely can save and cancel hers ambassador to Oslo. Norway is not an important state.