The terror funding thing that wont go away

lifted from VG.no, bad google translate

Can’t get answer about support for terrorism prisoners
Progressive party warns against “testing the Parliament’s patience»

Published 05/02/13 – 12:39, modified 02/05/13 – 12:39 (AP)
By Erlend Skevik

Norway has still not received any response from the Palestinian Authority in the matter of financial support for terrorist convicted prisoners. Now the opposition demands that the government put pressure on the Palestinians.
Norwegian authorities responded after Israeli media last year revealed the hitherto unknown aspects of the financial aid scheme for Palestinian prisoners who are in Israeli prisons.

Among the new information is that the financial support increases with the length of the punishment, and that there is a special support program for people who are in prison after conviction in an Israeli military court. Several of them have been convicted of serious terrorist attacks.

– The Palestinians have been open that there is support for prisoners and their families, but there are still unanswered questions about the various schemes, said State Department spokesman Kjetil Elsebutangen.

Imprecise information

Norway leads the international donor committee, and has since 2008 provided over 200 million annually in budget support to the Palestinian Authority in the West Bank. Taken together, the international support around a quarter of self-government budget.

Foreign Minister Espen Barth Eide admitted in a letter to parliament Ingolf Ropstad (KrF) in March that the government previously passed “inaccurate” information to Parliament from the Palestinian authorities on the financial support to prisoners in Israeli jails.

LETTER: Read the response from the Minister of Foreign Affairs here

At the same time he stressed that there are aspects of the scheme is problematic, and he promised to take the matter up with Palestinian leaders.

Requires replies

19th March, the Norway and the UK, sent a letter in which they ask for a report on the scheme. In a meeting with Hans Jacob Frydenlund by the Norwegian Representative Office in Ramallah two days later  deputy Saleh Nazzal by the Palestinian Ministry promised to get an answer to the Norwegian-British letter within one week.

Still there is no response.

Elsebutangen UD has received an “informal feedback” from the Palestinian Authority. He confirmed, however, that the letter from the Palestinians do not provide answers to several of the questions Norway and the United Kingdom have set.

– Foreign Minister has let  the Palestinians know that we need an answer to the questions we have asked and the answer does not need unnecessary stalling, says Elsebutangen.

The Norwegian-British letter is confidential. Elsebutangen would not go into detail about what questions Norway has made to the Palestinians.

Impatient

Now requires Progress representative of the Parliamentary Control Committee, Anders Anundsen, the government put pressure on the Palestinians.

– We’re still waiting for a response from the government. The Audit Committee is impatient, and there is no reason to test our patience, says Anundsen.

– Norway has a special role to the Palestinians, and I expect that the foreign minister makes it possible to press for an answer, he says.

Convicted of Terror

He also believes that the Norwegian authorities should have conducted their own research to get to the bottom of how the Norwegian aid is used.

– The longer it takes before the answer comes, the stranger it seems, he notes.

The Foreign Minister confirms that among the prisoners who receive support are persons who have been convicted of terrorist acts. He emphasizes that prisoners do not constitute a homogeneous group, and points out that it among other things, the Palestinian minors who are detained for throwing stones and elected representatives of Hamas.

– I remind you that it’s been asked a series of questions by the foundation and the conditions of detention for several of the inmates, including whether they are consistent with human rights and humanitarian law writes Eide said in a response to Parliament Ingolf Ropstad.

14 comments for “The terror funding thing that wont go away

1. herbert deutsch
    May 6, 2013 at 4:11 pm

Not on point, but still interesting:

Most people don’t know that back in 1912, Hellmann’s mayonnaise was manufactured in England. In fact, the Titanic was carrying 12,000 jars of the condiment scheduled for delivery in Vera Cruz, Mexico, which was to be the next port of call for the great ship after its stop in New York . This would have been the largest single shipment of mayonnaise ever delivered to Mexico . But as we know, the great ship did not make it to New York . The ship hit an iceberg and sank. The people of Mexico, who were crazy about mayonnaise, and were eagerly awaiting its delivery, were disconsolate at the loss. Their anguish was so great,
    that they declared a National Day of Mourning.

The National Day of Mourning occurs each year on May 5th and is known, of course, as – Sinko De Mayo.

May 7, 2013 at 2:14 am

: ) that was just the best Herbert, what else can one do than to focus on othere odd stuff in the world : ) Ups that is what Audun dislike he want everyone to be easy to trust, what was it with Audun and money some time ago, ups oh no lets forgett about that he might get hurted if one mention that!
    It takes more than a sharming intervju when one has Solbakken after one trying to get some justice back. McG do you have popcorns when I come today?

By the way Ellen has now a hot potato to follow up, Mad Gilbert did get kings honour. Suprised anyone?

Seriously folks don’t start a new show about the King having any kind of huge feelings about this honour he gives away. I don’t know how long these children has played with giving honour and not, boring!

A sad news from Norway:
    These girls has spend a lot of time to make the last time at school to something to remember and be proud about it. Then some fools have problems to controll their emotions and ruin the hole bus, what a nice thing to do (for all asbergeres that was ironic! ups McG since Audun dislike ironi does that make him into a … ups better not say that freudian slip)

May 7, 2013 at 2:21 am

Ps Herbert after you have google translated what King Harald actually sad to Stoltenberg you can be sure Stoltenberg had to use money on analysing what the king really ment.

King Harald is a good man, don’t drag him into this game!

4. herbert deutsch
    May 7, 2013 at 5:15 am

A good man? Empty mind and pure heart does not do it for a public figure. The nest thing we will hear is that Hanna Kvanmo was OK because she changed bed pans for German soldiers in WWII. Perhaps this is OK in your view, it is not in mine

May 7, 2013 at 1:20 pm

Herbert Hanne Kvanmo is a person I know absolute nothing about because when she was in politic it was no way she could have worked with others that did not share her opinions. I’m more interested in understanding what make people in SV today think that they can be populistic and still clame that they have not given up the ideology. Its a new situation we have her in Norway with a left and right. And I think that is the main reason why we have all these wild conspiracy ideas on both side. People feel stressed its less opinions in the news and things seems more easy to predict and in one way it looks like people get a desperate feeling that its the end. I might have read to much who stole my chees now : ) Where the Jews in Norway fit into this picture is something I still can’t figure out! How can 2000 voters do anything in a new system? That its so much quilt from the 2 ww to put pressure on the Norwegians Jews is something I can’t see as a good reason. And I can’t see religion ether as a reason. So McG’s reason lack of history knowlege and culture might be the simple reason. Her in Norway is it so that as long as friends and family say one are ok, everything is fine. Its not a smart place to be original sadly to say so. Perhaps thats what point Jews out, some Jews says they feel a lot of misstrust because of jealousy.

Why have a King? Norway is young nation 1905. Personally I think it would show the rest of the world that its nation of fools if the system was changed.

Herbert I hope you understand that I actually like it when people has a other opinion than the one I have. If I’m given good arguments I change, its so many things I don’t have any clue about! When you started to write to me, I was in a huge argument about my values in reall life, so sorry that I was hard. I just did my best to defend my self. I never ment to be a bitch with anyone, I just felt I had no other option at that point to stand alone and just be as hard as I could to keep on to my own identity. All best : )

May 8, 2013 at 6:36 am

Norwegian, interesting correspondence between you and Herbert. Just one little matter though. You ask Herbert not to drag the king into the game. This is rather difficult when the king is responsible for handing out awards and baubles to many who hate Israel and has shown no empathy whatsoever with his own Jewish citizens. He is part of the establishment after all.

May 9, 2013 at 1:39 am

good luck with your fishing hope A-team soon are back with a lot of optimistical thinking and fun comments. Its a hard job to not get paranoid and sink down to a level where one just produce crap back. Martin is best when he says the one that save one soul save the humanity! I join you on that Martin ; )

McG lot of respect to you girl go and fix the world, you can do it!

May 9, 2013 at 1:30 pm

as always you are to sweet to just ignor. Herbert is a good man so are you!

May 10, 2013 at 7:38 am

Ah, you, too, are sweet Norwegian. You find it so difficult to be angry or distrusting of anyone.

To save one life is like saving the whole world is fundamental to Jewish thought
    For example, Israel has set up a field hospital in Syria to save wounded fighters involved in the Syrian civil was. Both Syrian militia and rebels are treated equally. both are sworn enemies of Israel. A young boy from Gaza is being treated in Israel because his family will not keep him, nor will the Hama government help him. Why? He has no limbs whatsoever and needs total care 24/7. This of course will go unreported by the western press.

You will find that in all the emergencies, in Haiti, Turyeye, Japan etc, Israel is always the first there with real medical help including a field hospital where emergency surgery can be carried out. What is Norway’s response? Well of course, if there was a response, you can be sure that the Norwegian coverage would saturate the public. Norway would rather fund those whose wish it is to slaughter Jews and a bounty paid to their families when they are captured and imprisoned. And Norway believe it can teach humanities to Israel;????????

May 10, 2013 at 12:09 pm

Martin, Martin, Martin,

if MA could only undrerstand what we have then she would have converted to judaismen at once he he he. Now I just feel so good, thanks love ; ) This gets to pink for Herbert. Ah do you remember when he had his wife reading what I wrote and she as he ment I as, well lets see if he still is there ; )

You can say much about Norway its not perfect, its a lot of odd people her and sadly they get to much attention in general. Its a kind of odd filosofi that they need it ????? If they scream on about Israel they get attention very easy. Her you can see an example:
    A man holding a Israeli flag just because Jesus was Jewish. Why do the news take a picture of it? Its still so many stupied things that get into the news when it comes to Jews and Israel. The public gets all this pices of information and if one are not critic one end up by feeling Israel do wrong with out understanding why. Or one just give up to say the thrut because one become regarded as a Israeli agent or a propaganda worker. Funny world!

May 12, 2013 at 10:38 am

Here we go again…..
    Saudi Arabia contributes $billions every year to it’s embassies around the world, especially to those in the west. Its aims are clear and the message is accepted and even welcomed in many quarters.
    1. To openly convert people to Islam. The conquest continues and every country faces this danger. While of course disallowing Jews to live within the Islamic empire and conveniently enforcing the emigration of Christians. The church’s response is to ally itself out of awe and fear with Islam and continue to hate the Jews. Note, I have not stated Christina, but the church.
    2. To delegitimise and demonise the state of Israel in very conceivable manner and show how bad the Jews/ Israel is in connection with the politically and well funded fabrication of a Palestinian people.

Clearly the former example is having some success with the plan being long term anyway. The second example however, is far more successful. With ancient hate of the Jewish people from the church in general with active backing from the extreme right and extreme left, the old persecution of Jews gathers further strength. The west in general which should know better, openly accepts willingly and gladly the malicious statements regarding Israel without question. The people have no shame and disinterest in real facts at the same time while they carry their message of hate against the state of Israel

It is impossible to ascertain just exactly how much funding the so called Palestinians have received all these years. It must by now into $tens of billions
    I wouldn’t mind if a fraction of this money had been spent on these lazy people had it been put to good use. Of course, for the Norwegian and British governments to know this money is being used to fund the slaughter of Jews and financially reward the murderers and their families is rather distasteful in the extreme. Of course, governments must have known or at least wondered. But, why does the UN Financial Committee not require an accounted list of all this gross wealth and seek where it has gone all gone? Including so much that has been stolen by Arafat and his henchmen including Abbas.
    Those that fund this corrupt organisation are themselves corrupt in encouraging a corrupt use of the money. That is your tax and mine, too.

May 14, 2013 at 11:51 pm

the voters in Norway and UK do not have the same reality as the interest organisations. Money don’t grow if we find up a new fiction in our life. I don’t know how it is in UK but her in Norway self aid books has been really popular. So has the fiction about that we help the world by letting new people in to Norway. Most of the people I know that comes to Norway say the same in general, its hard to find reall friends and that they have to change more than what they want to fit in. If one speak to people that work with intergration I get personally a feeling that the problems of the immegrants just is a blue copy of their self help books and that their job is to help the world by motivating people to become better more like them.
    I feel really sorry for people that has left family and friends that ends up as some one pet her in Norway.

If one read the news and see how the immegrants live her in Norway for years in systems with people that will fix them I wonder why these camps has not been regarded equal to what happen under the 2 ww by the Germans. I was for the first time of my life in one of these working camps this year and it was scary to see how equal it is to the one existing to day.

My opinion is as always that one can educate any normal person in to a complete idiot. And for the immegrants that comes her and meet all this kind of education aid programs its not odd if they just start to work for their homeland as a response. Idealist are easy to use and if one get to emotional stressed my guess its these people that are used by the regime you mention. It sound logical.

I’m not impressed at all by Christians that use the Israel flag in the public, they have to know what they do. And if the don’t well keep them out of the news. Let them say their reall opinion but don’t let them make more noise!

The best thing to do is to explain people that they can’t save the environment by letting their care stand. They don’t save the world by giving money to aid organisations, but if it make them feel better its a ok thing to do, but it don’t fix anything in the big picture because that will never be ok. There is no money in a happy world so it will never happen for reall unless in once head.

Fiction or not this story is nice ; )

May 15, 2013 at 9:30 am

norwegian, I have nothing but praise, real warmth in watching Christians flying the Israeli flag. They are genuine, decent and brave people. They act as a small counterbalance in matching the hate of those who fly the “Palestine” flag and who scream hate towards the Jwws and even call for their death.

The Christian Embassy in Jerusalem is a wonderful organiasation ,as is MIFF, too. They should be congratulated and thanked, not just by Jewish people but, by all Norwegians. Most Norwegians are so brainwashed, that 1984 arrived a little late in Nrway and the actions of the few might, just might, open their eyes and question their .leaders in the whole rotten establishment

May 17, 2013 at 12:19 am

Happy 17 of May.

Martin, I wrote a response to you and you don’t know what happen? The computer broke down. Then I started to think that hey it might be so that Holst is right, then I read the 1984 book you mention on 15 min, I understand so much so I don’t have to read every page to get the hole book ; ) Then a feeling came to me hey the best thing I can do now is to grab a Israeli flag and run around all day and let everyone know we have to turn. We have to wake up and see the fact the world is going under, its the end. My computer broke down and I feel so unsure if what I wrote was a wrong opinion. Can I end up in prison now?

Ok, this was just a joak Martin hope you saw that ; ) We are going to spend 17 of May in rain as usual and this year we will help the other parents at the school to our children to make it into a day they never will forget with a lot of fun. The good thing for me to have contact with Israeli is that they have a lot of fun as well even if they are in a war situation.
    Absent of war is not equal to peace. Hopefully the Christians that loves Jews can explain this to the media and not only use the Israeli flag as a provocation.So that more people feels bad about Israel. Don’t ask me but most common people get really stressed by religion and lucky also ideology. We all want to have the reality as we like it calm and happy, please don’t let me know everything that don’t work.

Martin just look at people that involve them self in things do it to have fun and feel better.
    PA they will be the Unions grave, perhaps that is the best I have seen to much what Unions can ruin in general with all kind of odd ideas about human behavior and put people under pressure for it.

Everything can be regarded as madness by the 1984 people : )