lifted from document.no (google translate – bad one)
Sidsel Wolds apologia of Jihadists headed for Syria
Former Middle East correspondent Sidsel Wold had a fixture in World on Saturday 25 May which was one long defense for those who go to Syria to support the insurgents. Justification of jihadists is scandalous, even to NRK to be.
Is there no editorial control in Norwegian? Editor Per Arne Kalbakk assured us after the Roma scandal that it should be tightened.
Wold have previously demonstrated that she is unpredictable. But one would think that a few years in the Middle East had provided some ballast. Here she gave free vent to an approach where she and counselor in the Islamic Association, Ihab Timraz, played on teams: the thesis was that Syria voyagers are no different than other Norwegians who have gone to war and conflict, and it was pulled one direct comparison with soldiers in NATO and UN operations. Lieutenant General Robert Mood was part of the notes.
There was a negative counterpoint: Norwegians going in IDF service. Why prosecuted or not monitored Norwegian authorities thereof, to PST monitored Syria-farers? This had to PST Jon Fitje Hoff-man answer.
Nils Nordberg had first read from PST threat assessment, warning about radicalization happens in some Muslim communities. It was performed with histrionic music. Some go to Syria to participate, and this makes Norway against unknown threats.
But are these threats? Sidsel Wold and Ihab Timraz seemed to think that this was political persecution. It is thus not the political views of jihadists there is anything wrong with that, it is the political vision to the Norwegian authorities.
Timraz asked the question: A whole world is against Assad’s regime, but those who go to fight it, we call terrorists. Why?
– These are individuals who sacrifice life and limb. A whole world it wants to see Assad fall. Then it is ironic that one calls them that will fight the terrorists, said Timraz.
Wold let the question go on to Fitje Hoffmann.
– Stemp-laughs you not a whole group?
Fitje tried to get her in the face without completely letting go to reality:
– We would simply not cut all over a comb. Pst just trying to keep up with those who we think may be dangerous. Ver-it is complex.
So could-tel-le-Wold clean unfold.
– In all the years, Norwegians have come out to participate in war and conflict, whether they went as crusaders to take Jerusalem from the Muslims or they went to Spain to fight against Franco’s dictatorship. More than 20,000 UN troops were in Liba-non. Tuse-tions have subsequently participated
in NATO and UN operations. Sometimes called the war, sometimes humanitarian missions or peacekeeping operations. Adventure, excitement, money and idealism trigger young men.
She was tapping into Aslak Nore, who served for NATO in Bosnia. He could confirm that the motivational factors are adventure, friendship, idealism, excitement, money.
Over to Lieutenant General Robert Mood, who spoke about “those who go out.” It was vague about it too concerned Syria-farers. He confirmed that there was “money, adventure, adrenaline” that cap and “it to contribute to something greater than oneself.” Then he asked directly about Syria-farers and answers:
– About the Norwegian Syria-farers as follows PST, I obviously did not make any sense, but generally considered append their involvement in the ranks of Norwegians who stands up against tyranny and fight for what they believe in and reduce the suffering of innocents.
Timraz points past that “Syria-farers are not a homogenous group” and thought about it that many were there to help.
Time to introduce the bad wolf in the story: Norwegians go to Israel.
– Over the years, many Norwegians served in the Israeli army, including the spokesman Bjorn Herman, who is a Norwegian citizen. In addition, there are many who go down to perform short-term tasks. IDF over switch Population ret-ten-day fair due. occupying-pa-tio-nen. In addition concluded a UN report that the IDF committed war crimes in 2009.
The South African judge Richard Goldstone stood behind the report, and he later took distance from it. This know Wold. Or forget-more she is not fit?
Ihab Timraz can now complain of Norwegian authorities that monitor the idealistic Syria-farers, but do not do anything with them that go krigsforbryterske Israel’s errand.
– Yes, how can this hang together? ask Wold inquiries to Fitje.
– To the extent that this would be a matter for the Norwegian authorities, it would be NCIS his table, he replied.
Wold can only speculate on the reasons for the difference in treatment:
– What makes Syria-farers dif-le-Dec? Is it because they are mouse-li more? Is it because they travel for ideological reasons? Covers not war the violent emotions of others?
Nore collected to tell that he has called Norse battle cry and got the urge to ever stronger adrenaline, in Iraq and Afghanistan.
– Although the picture may seem similar, there is a big difference in how governments and Norwegians look at the UN and Nato vs. Syria-farers.
– Do you think there is more reason to be concerned about Syria voyagers when they return home?
– My experience in relation to veterans is that the contrary is returning home with greater respect for democracy, that it creates itself. In addition, many veterans experienced Muslim hospitality and know that it is not religion that is the problem, but extremism, no matter what form it comes in.
Sidsel Wold used his knowledge and NRK’s resources to create a propaganda element that justifies and legitimizes jihadists who go to Syria. It was so in-sla-tion was laid up. If she wanted to show that not all jihadists, she made another element.
When NRK experienced reporters use their position to strengthen the jihadists reputation, it’s serious. It undermines the PST’s work and strengthen the Islamist flow providing recruits for the war. At Lieutenant General Mood participate and play their role, is almost incredible: He should have known enough to post some reservations. It did Fitje.