10 cheers for MIFF!

You really have to give it up to the hard working people at MIFF.no.

Tirelessly and with facts that are easy to check have they fought the many misconceptions and frank lies about Israel our elites are so happy to bandy around. Luckily, the average Norwegian isn’t all that gullible, they can read and also compare/evaluate the information they have been offered.

MIFF has understood that it is hard to get a word in edgewise in the main stream media, so they have circumvented the traditional routes of communication and in stead reached out to people directly.

This strategy has paid very handsomely off, and MIFF continues to have a healthy growth among ordinary Norwegians – and interestingly also in mainstream media, where lately, journalists weary of being slammed for their biased approach to the ME conflict, more and more frequent turn to MIFF for supplementing and contrasting information. Since 2012, MIFF has grown 12%, and are very close to meeting their target of 7000 members in 2013 (count stands now at 6720). They have had the strongest growth in counties where they have distributed information booklets on Israel and the Middle East  conflict, so – my dear friends – get out your cheque books or credit cards and donate a suitable sum to this amazing and hard working organization. You can find all the relevant information for account details here, if you get my point.

Finally, a 10 fold cheer to MIFF – its impressive to watch them grow from strength to strength.

15 comments for “10 cheers for MIFF!

1. de Bacle
    June 1, 2013 at 4:07 pm

Yes Prof., they impress. They get through to Norwegian politicians with select questions. To politicians that know how to demand answers from the Government.

Hoping for similar channels to get exposure and corrective info in mainstream media too.

June 2, 2013 at 1:49 am

de Bacle,

do it your self!

Find a good way to go back to politic and spread positivism in the media about the Jewish population her and in Israel.

June 2, 2013 at 3:26 am

Yes, a big thank you to Conrad, his team and of course to all the members for daring to contradict and criticise their mainly hard left hateful opponents. Perhaps love will conquer hate when the truth is made known.

June 3, 2013 at 12:37 am

That was good advice you gave Norwegian to de Bacle. But, will you do the same? You cannot ask someone else to do something if you yourself will not do so. You have said that you will walk away rather than be confrontational.

Every Jew and decent like minded person needs to take action and be seen to take action against that hate mongering establishment. But, that of course takes courage doesn’t it Norwegian?
    Have a nice day though

5. Ellen
    June 3, 2013 at 3:01 am

Proud to be a member of MIFF!

(BTW, how do I get rid of the icon that accompanies all my posts. It’s not even MY picture!)

June 3, 2013 at 4:25 am

: ) Good point : )

I do what I feel is right for me, other must do what they feel is right for them. My only enemy is my self, my mental and body capacity. The fact that we live in a democracy that happily refuse to talk about their mistakes, makes one really have to think how to do positive criticism to make people want to corporate. Anyone that wonder why some Norwegians take the their anger out on the world?
    Martin, de Bacle has a lot more support and write better than I do, but hey if he wants me on his the team why not? I believe it when I see it, until I use my right to remove my self when asshole speaks.

7. June 3, 2013 at 6:16 am

have no idea how to remove the pic… But glad you are a miff supporter.

8. Harry Jess
    June 4, 2013 at 12:35 am

I became a member of MIFF after the antisemitic riots in Oslo in January 2009. I was shocked by what happened there. Erik Eiglad’s book on the antijewish riots in Oslo was also an eye opener. I am also a member of ICEJ. ICEJ Norway has just submitted a complaint to PFU accusing NRK Brennpunkt for letting Sidsel Wold and Håkon Haugsbø convey incorrect information on the situation in the Middle East. It will be very interesting to see PFU’ verdict.

9. fg
    June 4, 2013 at 3:17 am

Dear blog,
    Could you somehow bring from the Norw. media info/articles about the opening game between Israel and Norway in Netanya at the Under-21 Football Championships? It would be very interesting to know what they write about the match. How do they approach this case now?

10. June 4, 2013 at 4:00 am

I havent read anything of particular interest so far, other than a short piece on how uncomfortable the flight was for the boys. They flew Turkish Air, couldn’t get an upgrade to business in spite of singing efforts. Other than that one player was held back at Israeli Border control, but it was only a short wait to check papers.

June 4, 2013 at 4:13 am

Hi all, will miss you. Harry, I had the impression of your empathies re MIFF and ICEJ. As we say Kol HaKavod L’kha. Prof will translate for you.
    I am off to France to redecorate the house there and weed the garden, in addition to recharging my batteries.

With you all well.

Martin

June 4, 2013 at 8:22 am

McG:

When are the national elections in Norway? I am hoping that things will improve somewhat if the right wins the next election.

13. June 4, 2013 at 12:28 pm

september

14. Harry Jess
    June 4, 2013 at 1:14 pm

Thank you, Martin!
    As a matter of fact I had a short study of Biblical Hebrew a looong time ago. As far as I could figure out, your greeting means something like ‘All the best to you!’

It would have been easier If you had used Hebrew letters, then I could check my dictionaries in the bookshelf.

Have a nice time in France, and all the best to you to!

Best wishes Harry

June 5, 2013 at 1:31 am

Happy holiday Martin : )

Really good of MIFF to be so systematic and keep them self to all kind of laws her in Norway and Israel. Few that can show as so well behaved organisation as them. Just what the revolutionary people need, a wall of humans that act as one and can stand alone in a storm. My guess is that if Conrad showed what kind of things people wrote to them a lot of us would have just found a place to hide. One can say what ever one want about Norway but as long as there is Norwegians that keep up this work any Israeli that complain well do something equal your self! Don’t pick on people that really work and love their own country and see yours as well!

Please just be careful with people you take on board MIFF, I pray that this woman don’t become bitter:
    Good luck Conrad on this drama, hope to see it go well for all!

Ellen and Harry you are cool MIFF member all best and success to you, as Martin says this is not a club for weak souls. But all can fall Martin and need a hand so better to be nice than hard ; ) Something about you shall not judge I heard one place well forgot where but it was something ; )

Take care so nice to see so many on your page McG, just remember new laws in Norway for internet that make it nonlegal to write anything that can feel bad for anyone. The fog is now complete. Yes Eric R we need September and a change!

Take care all vote right : )