lifted from Vårt Land.no (google translate)
Center party selects new Mideast friends
After red-green coalition , the Center party prefers non-socialist friends for Israel and the Palestinian territories .
Per Anders Hoel
Just two months after the change of government the Center Party would rather support the Progressive pary , the Conservatives, the Christian Democrats and the Liberals on Middle East policy than the old government buddies Labor and Socialistic Left
Balance . In a parliamentary document, the Center party leader Liv Signe Navarsete signed a petition calling for a “balanced ” Middle East policy .
Precisely the word “balanced ” is the conservative parties guarantee that the Solberg government will act less biased in the difficult Middle East politics .
the Party leader and spokesperson , Liv Signe Navarsete , feels at ease with the choice :
– The coalition government policy was not balanced enough?
– The Center party is a party that is concerned with justice. And the balance we are aiming for , also states that Israel and Palestine should exist in peace within secure borders .
Criticism . Navarsete denies that Q now shifting policies:
– This should not be read as a criticism of previous governments , she points out.
– And it does not feel uncomfortable to stand with the progressive and the conservatives ?
– No – it does not mean that we support Israel in everything , responding Party leader.