Norwegian trade union revels in blood libel

By now they should have learned that they are in the eye of the media. Not the Norwegian media, but the international media and they start to look really really sick.

Perhaps it is no wonder that after the general election which swept the red green trolls out of their dusty cupboards, nobody misses them and the more the unions continue to serve up pure sewage, the less likely it is they will come back to power in the foreseeable future…

lifted from the algemeiner.com

DECEMBER 9, 2013 12:20 PM 16 COMMENTS

Author:

avatarJoshua Levitt

A clipping of the offensive article. Photo: Miff.no.

A Norwegian trade union repeated an age-old anti-Semitic canard to its membership, telling the 340,000 workers of the Union of Municipal and General Employees who receive itsmonthly magazine that Israel poisons wells of its Arab neighbors.

The accusations of well-poisoning, along with “genocide” and “ethnic cleansing,” were flagged by blogger Elder of Ziyon from a report by Miff.no, a pro-Israel Norwegian website that saw the original article in Norwegian. The article was written about a group of Norwegian trade union delegates who were received by Palestinian Authority members.

As Elder of Ziyon noted, in addition to the baseless accusations, the internal logic of their argument was flawed: “It notes that the Arab population in the area has increased by a factor of 10 in the past 100 years, and compares that to Norway’s population which has only doubled in the same time period. If the Palestinian Arabs have suffered ‘genocide’ and ‘ethnic cleansing,’ as the union claims, then what do you call what happened to Norwegians?”

“The article also says, as fact, ‘Israeli settlers are known to poison wells.’ Thus we see the medieval blood libel of Jews poisoning wells has become accepted as truth in the 21st century,” the popular anonymous blogger wrote.

Commenters on the Elder of Ziyon site were quick to add context to the poisoned well story.

Mike Konrad wrote that “the story has legs,” citing a report from a  Wikipedia entry on “well poisoning.”

In recent years, unconfirmed reports of well contamination by Israeli settlers in the West Bank have surfaced. Cases include that of rotting chicken carcases [sic] found in a well at At-tuwani near Hebron in 2004, although suspected settlers blamed Arab infighting. In the following years, various NGOs reported similar occurrences, accusing settlers of deliberately contaminating cisterns.

“The worst case I have seen was about 17 years ago on a USENET newsgroup when the Arabs accused the Jews of putting medicine in their aquifers to make Arabs impotent,” Konrad wrote. “I tried to counter that idiocy on the newsgroup by noting that aquifers are not confined to any one area; and that poisoning Arab wells would also poison Jewish aquifers by seepage; so the charge is ridiculous – since no Jew would take a chance with his own virility.”

Another poster, Effect, went further back in history… “Poisoning wells? I’ve read that before,” Effect wrote, citing a selection from the Wikipedia article on “Black Death Jewish persecutions.”

In Germany there had already been massacres stirred up by local demagogues: the Roettingen “Knight Rindfleisch,” the Rintfleisch massacres (1298), and the innkeeper-knight Arnold von Uissigheim König Armleder (“King Leatherarm”) of the Armleder massacres (1336–38).

As the plague swept across Europe in the mid-14th century, annihilating more than half the population, Jews were taken as scapegoats, in part because better hygiene among Jewish communities and isolation in the ghettos meant in some places that Jews were less affected. Accusations spread that Jews had caused the disease by deliberately poisoning wells.

The first massacres directly related to the plague took place in April 1348 in Toulon, France, where the Jewish quarter was sacked, and forty Jews were murdered in their homes, then in Barcelona. In 1349 massacres and persecution spread across Europe, including the Erfurt massacre (1349), the Basel massacre, massacres in Aragon, and Flanders.  900 Jews were burnt alive on 14 February 1349 in the “Valentine’s Day” Strasbourg massacre, where the plague had not yet affected the city. Many hundreds of Jewish communities were destroyed in this period.

One Norwegian stood up for her countrymen. Helene Kihle Michelsen said that the country’s newly elected government is much more pro-Israel than the previous administration of the Socialist regime of Jens Stoltenberg, which governed from 2005 until last month.

The new Norwegian government is formed by a coalition of the Conservative (Hoyre) Party and junior partner the Progress Party, which leads The Friends of Israel organization in the Norwegian parliament. Its party leader, Siv Jensen, was named Finance Minister.

Michelsen wrote on the Elder of Ziyon blog, “And we are many who are against these brainwashed young idiots! We have many pro-Israel movements, and we are not all like this! Please believe me!”

17 comments for “Norwegian trade union revels in blood libel

December 10, 2013 at 12:25 pm

Ahem, ahem (clears throat loudly)

Uh, where is my hat tip?

December 10, 2013 at 12:33 pm

Mandela is dead and the real hope to get a law for boycott of Israel as for SA is dying as well. But hey we need a final salute so it will be heavy times a head! Keep calm folks!

My wonder is if Erna can get French out of Kongo. Is South Africa turning into big Kongo now? Hm, have not eaten anything for SA since the 80, but thats because of the clima! Martin where are you? Eric R. can you help to get him back?

3. December 10, 2013 at 12:37 pm

You’re the man of the day!

December 11, 2013 at 4:01 pm

Let South Africa join Mandela and continue its slide into depravity. Amazing how so many want to get on board the Mandela showboat, it is even better than the “Palestine” affair. It should be remembered that Big M was also responsible for the deaths of many back and white people.

Anyway onto more serious events.

When I read at the above, I have to question the minds of these people. Do they really believe what they write? What does that tell you?
    If they don’t believe what they write, what does that tell you?

When the Norwegian Unions wish to expel the Israeli Union the Histadrut and openly court the “Palestinian” union, what does that tell you?

It is all very well, a few decent Norwegians complaining that they are not all like that but, why do they just go along with it? Is it laziness, or what? Yes, the Unions in Norway are as far left as the unions elsewhere. In the UK, they follow a strict communist regime’s dogma. Very highly remunerated executives, all too willing to call ofr strikes and make totally unreasonable demands. It is unfortunate that in the UK, trade unions are still necessary. But who the hell wants these unelected Maoists, Marxists, Leninists, Stalinists etc to run the country?

I really believe that a foreign legal group should take the Norwegian media and unions, and those academics along with the whole elitists to the European Court of Human Rights. Long live freedom of speech but, responsibility is also a major factor. This is nothing more than the vile and spiteful hate that one associates with the Norwegian establishment today. In fact, the Histadrut, should make a formal complaint. Again, why on earth does Israel still have diplomatic relations with this sad country?

December 12, 2013 at 2:15 am

my grandmother used Salomon emptiness to explain the attitude these people show. She sad that they wlll just ruin all that is build up in Norway with their lack of respect for hard work. This was back in the 90 and I thought she was very pestemistic about the future of Norway. These days I think a lot about my grandfathers words that Sweeden would turn against us so that it would not be possible to escape easy in the future. What then? he asked my grandmother. My granmother sad to me learn English kid, why can’t you be better in it? That is the future for you.
    Then I always had the solution I really need to look at telly and lisend to popmusic all the time to learn English. My grandfather turned red and sad: we have nice English neighboors go and have tea with them! They ask after you all the time. I was always very supriced when I went over to the English neighboors. They made tea and spoke English with me for hours. When I think about it now my grandparents probably helped them with something and then I was given english classes in return.

A lot of Jews I know here in Norway do get sad and depressed by the situation Martin. I think that the Jewish we in Norway should respect these peoples feelings more and help them. As it is today Jews turn them self away from other Jews that suffer her in Norway and that is just madness to me! That is not family and than I really don’t have much energy and time to use on it!

December 12, 2013 at 12:15 pm

I find it incredibly sad, that the Jewish community in Oslo, or Norway is unable or unwilling to help a fellow Jew in distress. The problem basically Norwegian, is that Jews take on the mantra of the country that they live in.

How many British and German Jews became more British or German than the non Jews? Far too many. We have our own society, built upon thousands of years helping other people, Jew or gentile and for any Jewish community that refuses to help their own deserve the crap they are in. They should be thoroughly ashamed.

Within my own liberal community, we have two converts, a male and female, non related. They are recognised and loved, as any other member, if not more so, because of their act in changing their life style.

I wonder, if the problems the Jewish congregation is facing in Norway, is the “reward” for turning people away.

Have a happy, go and visit Trondheim, I found it a much friendlier congregation than the Oslo synagogue.. There were exceptions of course.

December 12, 2013 at 1:18 pm

I know that I have gone deep into seeing everything with Jewish self hate glases. Nerd as I’m. You don’t have to be very polite with me. I’m only human : )

I see the logic in protecting the community by keeping out people that suffer. Personally I don’t think mental sickness is so easy to get. I think a lot of people mix mental problems with everydays problems because they focus on the big picture insteed of doing what they can her and now and move forward in a direction. Its a common problem in Norwegians organisations in general. Just look at the Church and not to forgett the royals, all is about how they present them self they don’t just rely on that people in general think they are ok. The old king did and that was really cool!

What I think is true is that most Norwegians are willing to let Jews live as Jews in Norway and respect them. But a smal revolutionary hungry environment make a lot of stress and fear around issues that are important for Jewish life. It was a mistake from Oslo to try to coroporate with this environment in the past to bring peace to Israel. If old friends turn them self against Oslo I think its time to say to Oslo give a dam in them. You did what you thougth was right now its time to move on!

December 13, 2013 at 5:12 am

Norwegian, your remark about Jews being allowed to live as Jewish Norwegian citizens is quite sanctimonious. There is nothing hateful about Jewish life in modern times that can be used against them. Whether the problem is Shabbat, (yes Norwegian the very word Sabbath is from Hebrew, only apart from the 7th Day Adventists, all Christianity recognise Sunday as the 7th Day. Why the change?)
    Kashrut or Circumscision, let us be honest, when a third of the population (hardly a small revolutionary number) believe that Israel (read the Jews) treats the “Palestinians as badly or worse than the Nazis treated the Jews, there is quite obviously something seriously wrong in your Christian society.
    The Arabs and Muslims deny the Holocaust yet have the audacity to condemn Israel of creating a holocaust against them. And this is accepted by many in the Christian world. Wow, just what am I missing here?

There is no reason to accept your statement when questions need to be asked and answered. We, are still waiting. The only thing worse than a non Jewish Jew Hater is the Jew born and has turned against his or her own with the vile hatred learned from their usually communist friends. These people are not self hating Jews. They have given up real responsibilities as a Jew and become fully fledged members of the Communist religion. From biblical times, we have had them. Just think of Quisling, well we, too, have our own.

On the subject of Shabbat. Have a happy ….. Shabbat starting this evening. From roughly sunset to Saturday sunset. Light your 2 candles, break the bread with salt and drink the cup of wine. Enjoy your day off.

December 14, 2013 at 4:58 pm

Good to have you back Martin, good fier that hurted : )

Learnt a new word sanctimonious. It hurts acctually, but I can live with it. To me religious are nice people that just want to pray to God together, I have never understood the communistic feelings about religion. It probably comes from my lack of understanding for the big picture, sorry I just see small issues and talk about what is new in my eyes. The reply I’m used to get is oh, that is old news. Unless its something practical I feel asleep of reading long analysis, sorry not the sharpes knife!

Have a happy Shabbat to Martin : )

Ps: now you stop being soft, that was very odd and not you at all!

December 15, 2013 at 7:02 am

Well Norwegian, the communists, that is from the hard left to the liberal left socialists will be against anything that offers another view of life to their own dogma. Haven’t you noticed that all the countries with the term “democratic” as part of their title, are anything but?

Religion is an old and tried diversion can and does offer a difficult venue for the left t consider. That is why the left have substituted the old Judeo/Christian values that have proven to be pretty bad but, for the new religion on the block which is far worse.. That is why all those on the left, including so called humanitarians are unable and/or unwilling to accept that the vast majority of the laws and customs we have today, are taken from the Torah. How bad can that be?

Have a happy and ponder on this….

December 15, 2013 at 8:28 am

Hm, this I have to ponder on. Very clueless now what on earth you are talking about!

Have a happy, happy day ; )

December 16, 2013 at 4:53 am

Short and sweet for you
    Find one country that pursues democracy, when it is called a Democratic Republic. Just one please..

The so called humanitarians are usually those on the extreme left to liberal left are brainwashed against the Jews and Israel The other humanitarians are the Christians who “do good” for their conscience in attempts to convert others to their cause, Jesus Christ.

Jewish humanitarians do it, without fanfare, it is a duty to do so , as laid down in the bible. Perhaps Norwegian, you should try to read it from when Moses received the 613 commandments This is the cornerstone od western “civilisation.”

Have a happy that gentiles only need to follow the 7 Noahides Laws. En that is too difficult though. If you read them, then you will understand why. This you can check up on the internet.

December 16, 2013 at 8:46 am

I think I live in a democracy where if I need to say what is my opinion, I should also expect protection. But I also find it more easy to not say my opinion to avoid to have problems, so in a way I don’t live democratic, because fear makes me think that its my mistake if anyone should behave bad against me if I say something that they felt was offending. Most people I meet from Israel and US (sorry took two) behave more as what is my ideal of people from a democracy, but I’m not 100% sure if I could do it my self.

December 16, 2013 at 3:44 pm

In a democracy Norwegian, there is the freedom to vote, freedom of speech and also freedom to reply. The latter is quite significant in showing such an alarming lack of reality in Norway With a new government, change might start to take hold. Unfortunately, after all the years of a radical fascist government that has brutally denied the truth to its people and instead has brainwashed its population, it is going to take a long time before we can expect to see significant changes.

So be happy, as you are young, you might live long enough to see a real change in Norway

December 17, 2013 at 2:30 am

: ) Martin : )

perhaps I stay and see the real changes that will come in Norway, but I think it will be when I return for holidays and see old friends for happy time.
    Perhaps its because even if I dissagree strongly with the red radical left, I have a lot of good memories with them. Its as with the Church, lot of things went well with me and them. Some of the memories are very fine and unike, but to go back when I learnt about my greatgrandmother, it just feel very stressfull and unrealistic. I have found a new way that I look forward to when I wake up every morning it must be ok in a democracy to change one self! Sorry that it was the in the plan, but how can one predict a life 100%?

December 18, 2013 at 2:08 pm

Prediction? No. just be happy in who and what you are and make the most of it. Why should you fear what other people think of you? Who cares what drekk believe or think of me? Honestly Norwegian, I could not care less.

When I am unhappy about what I see around me with people within the local council or government and I believe corruption or deceit or lies are used, then I stand up to be counted. Not for nothing does the root of my Hebrew name mean rebel. I am not confrontational however, when people take actions that go against my perception of decency, then I will write to local paper and offer alternative views. My surname is a very Jewish one and I still could not care less and I refuse to cower in fear of others

So be happy……….have confidence, luck and courage..

December 19, 2013 at 3:52 am

: ) I’m glad it gives you joy. Its silly to fear I know, but it started the first day when I was sendt to kindergarden and was pointed out by the adults as the odd one. She needs to learn how to be better.

One more break in promisse a old song from my singing teacher when I was a child:

Lot of happiness to you Martin : )