well, at least he is honest about his falseness and openly admits his double standards. But he might want to update himself on the boycott issue, there is no academic boycott of Israel in Norway. Although not lacking for intent, the little fringe group of mainly unknown Norwegian “scientists”, could not muster support for their boycott calls, and have been repeatedly shot down in Norway, and even more spectacularly, the USA, where the microscopic American Studies Association, after celebrating their wicked decision to boycott academic cooperation with Israeli Universities, then got peppered with furious reactions and several very humiliating public responses
lifted from dagen.no, google translate
Moddi cancels Israel concert
The famous Norwegian musician Pål Moddi Knutsen cancels concert in Israel. – I went blue-eyed into it, but now it has dawned on me how entrenched this situation , says Moddi NRK.no.
Bard Krsitian Boe
Saturday 4 January 2014 ,
The artist is nominated for a Norwegian Music Award and was scheduled to held a concert in Tel Aviv on february 1, but has changed his mind
“I was going to give a concert in Israel in February. I am now canceling this. “Wrote singer / songwriter in a post on NRK , under the title ” When art comes up short . ”
The hope was that music could build a bridge across the two parties , which he later believes is not the case in this conflict.
– I have played in controversial places before. In Turkey, where Kurds and Armenians denied their own language and culture. In Ireland, where rape victims have to go abroad to have an abortion . In Russia , where gays are harassed systematic and activists imprisoned . And in Norway , where beggars are treated like garbage . The Middle East conflict fall into a different category than all these , he says to NRK.
Moddi is know through among other places, the NRK program Urørt (Untouched), and has since released several albums . Last year he released ” Set the house on fire ” and ” who were you ? “, Which are both nominated for a Norwegian music Award . He is the first that has managed to get two albums , released in the same year , nominated for such an Award .
Israel shall hear the albums , but not yet.
– I have decided to cancel what was to be my very first concert in Israel. Or rather, postpone it indefinitely , he said.
– What must happen for you to hold a concert in Israel?
– The cultural and academic boycott of Israel has quite clear requirements . They have to stop the occupation of Palestine and give Palestinians the right to return to their homes. But that’s not the direction it going, he replies to NRK .
– To sum up: In the face of the situation in Israel I see that art is insufficient. Art is not enough. Therefore I decide to cancel the show and let it be my standpoint .