Israeli engineers will come and train in Norway

NORWAY TO TRAIN ISRAELI ENGINEERS

The Nordic Page 2014 01 28

Xue Li/TNP

Students from Israel will not only get trained in Norway, but also have a $75,000 scholarship when studying for a doctor degree, writes Globes.

The famous Norwegian petroleum city Stavanger is chosen by many oil companies to build their Norwegian headquarters, which offers a supportive environment for the research activities of petroleum engineering. According to CollegeRag’s research on world’s best petroleum engineering colleges, University of Stavanger ranks No.8,with  particular attention to drilling engineering, natural gas engineering and investment and decision analysis.

Israel used to import petroleum due to a big consumption in energy.  From 1999, the situation has been changed with discovery of first offshore gas field and more later. The country is always eager to exploit its hydrocarbon industry and trying to seek help from Norway, the expert in the field. Yet the cooperation didn’t seem to work well in the last 8 years under the center-left coalition. In October 2013,  Conservative Party (Høyre) and Progress Party (FrP) formed the new center-right government in Norway. Frp managed to take part in the government for the first time in its 40 year history.

With the change of political landscape, the bilateral relations have grown closer. Aharon (Orni) Izakson, the Norwegian-Israeli Chamber of Commerce chairman, sees the cooperation agreement of these two institutions as a positive signal.

11 comments for “Israeli engineers will come and train in Norway

February 3, 2014 at 2:21 am

Israeli engineers should not go to an anti-Semitic nation like Norway.

They should go where they are liked.

Texas.

February 3, 2014 at 7:12 am

Nice to see your comment Eric R., thought you’d deserted us.

In view of the previous post re the Holocaust day memorium, I quite agree.

Norway should be begging Israel to retain diplomatic relations, which should have been cut totally years ago.

February 10, 2014 at 4:12 pm

When we look back at the posting about the Petrolueum Fund, I wonder just how long this charade of Norwegian respectability will be allowed to continue?

Israel needs to shut up the shutters and tell the Norwegians to dirty their fingers elsewhere. Israel does not need Norway. As I had motioned earlier about this dritt sekk land in the north, what cheek they have to deride Israel regarding its holocaust survivors. Yet, this same elitist liberal left told the returning survivors to just be thankful they were alive, when they were refused for their belongings to be returned to them. Any honourable country would feel shame at this attitude. Nuff said.

No matter who is in power, the same pigs who really run the country will not change. Israel you still need to cancel everything with this Jew hating country. Israel is meant to be alone for good reason. You really are above all others, and that is why they are so jealous of your achievements. Apart from oil and a couple of artists and one composer, what else does this troll land offer humanity other than money to terror organisations?

February 11, 2014 at 5:03 am

Martin have you read all what Vågnes has written lately about Israel now?

To feel that Israel is from God is something only Jews can Martin, when Christians do and don’t convert into Judaismen its time to open up ones eye and look around if one has joined the wrong party.

For the rest of us I think that Israel is a democratic contery with a strong history, to remove Israel as the Arabs want to and then say one are anti-Zionist not anti-Jews,
    hm well I think one has problems with democracy and want a end to it. Democracy is not perfect but is it better way?

Have a happy day Martin : )

February 19, 2014 at 5:42 am

Norwegian I have not read Vaagnes at all. Believe it or not although the established churches are still anti-Israel and still dislike Jews, there are some, particularly the evangelicals who pray for the Jewish people and Israel. They are only too aware of those that bless the Jews will be blessed and those that curse the Jewws will themselves be blessed.

When you consider who our enemies were for the last 3000 years, and then look to see what has happened to them. We are still here and for that, there must be a reason. Not everyone can be born Jewish. If potential converts were treated the same as those who choose Christianity or Islam etc, the world would probably have billions of converts. The whole reason, as Halvorsen found out, it we are different and hold other values. And that is why it is so much more difficult to convert to Judaism. Commitment is the key word.

Have a happy knowing that many who have found their Jewish roots are now returning to their Jewish roots. That for me is wonderful news.

February 19, 2014 at 8:19 am

Okai, I really asked for this one by being so open about how I see the situation.

If a person out of no where turn to me and ask if they should become a Jew, I would tell how I feel as that is what is relavant to me. Then I will send the then poor confused soule into the direction of the community leaders.

I’m not ashemed of mine folks, infact I’m think they did what was logical keep them self alive. When I explain my self I try to use the family history as I understand it to explain why somthing that sound evil can be love under great pressure and fear. But I think its time that one cut the crap and say that Judaismen don’t lead one into a bad life, but it can be difficult to handle old situations in a new way. So when people start to follow converts I think its ok to point out what is Jewish and what is Christian or I think we just get confused all together. Is that bad offending behavior?

Martin, I think its better to have one bird in the hand than 10 on the roof. I’m happy I found you : ) But I think its not the best to talk on the web. Can’t you please make contact with the leaders (I’m not as I dislike money and power) her in Bergen if you want to talk more?

Vaagnes well he does his best to be read, its just the same emotional problems, buhu the world are evil, I’m the only good one, buhuu : )

Have a nice day ; )

February 20, 2014 at 2:07 am

look at this:

Has this person moved into Gaza by her self just to earn money? She is all about that she looks so dam good that people would follow her just because of that (prove it in nude then Sally), but she want people follow her because she is smart. I have to say Solinsky was right people like this exist, I really doubt it. What I have noticed in Kiev by the photos I have seen is that all pictures of people in action are people in expensive clouths. But pictures of people bleeding and worst are having old clouts. Martin its someting fussy is going on. Its not the “people’s” revolution at all!

I’m clueless how it help people to have less sex if one dress naken, well I still think Putin had the best reaction: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fK4PcBSDFiA
    Sorry Solisky, but you do see that he enjoy’s it ; ) Lovely OL in Sochi!

February 20, 2014 at 5:52 am

Exuse me does the Ukrains think this man can save them?

By how a knock out? Well good luck people how ever you are : )

February 20, 2014 at 6:46 am

Oh my God McG Sally show her self:

Sorry Sally you have not showed your face you speak american and live in Gaza???

Ok, Martin I will not get into Twitter On poor Sally its her way to earn money. Solinsky tanks. Please provide more info about these people ; )

February 20, 2014 at 6:54 am

What a show:

Sally Idwedar ‏@sallyidwedar 5m
    @onelpeleg I will be notifying the Press Complaints Commission of Norway of your libel against me. cc: @Morsmal @UNESCO

Sally yes please, complain and complain it will be meet with hard fact what BDS does to normal people her in Norway. Norway is no freind of you Sally so cry somewhere else!

11. February 20, 2014 at 8:42 am

Please stay on topic. Ukraine is, in spite of all the tragic events unfolding, not a topic for this blog