VG’s selective coverage of the ME

You can bet your bottom dollar, if IDF soldiers dare to defend themselves, with the often tragic outcome this necessarily means, you will have the Norwegian press jump for joy, now they can write about Israel again, preferably casting them as the evildoers.

For instance, today, the IDF announced there had been an incident at the Allenby Bridge where a person shouted Allah akbar and attempted to grab a gun. The soldiers on duty reacted as per protocol. Shoot to kill. Sadly if it is your own survival that’s at stake or that of the person who might be trying to kill you, the natural answer is that your enemy must take his exit cues.

If you want to see how the Israeli press covered the issue, the source reference as it were, you can click here (and they have helpfully updated the story to reveal the identity of the “Palestinian”; now we know it is a Jordanian judge). Now with the same resources at hand (in fact it is only a matter of copy and paste), VG presents this story to their readers. Of course the copied and pasted from NTB, lazy buggers:

Israeli forces shot and killed a Palestinian

Published 03.10.14 – 12:57 , changed 10/03/14 – 24:58 (© NTB )

Israeli forces have shot and killed a 38-year -old Palestinian , who is alleged to have attempted to steal a weapon from an Israeli soldier.
38 years old Raed Zeiter , according to the Israeli Defense Forces attempted to steal a weapon from an Israeli soldier at the Allenby bridge , which connects the West Bank with Jordan .

– IDF forces fired shots against a suspect who tried to take the weapon, the IDF says in a written statement.

Zeiter was from the city of Nablus in the north of the West Bank. The Israeli military says he left the West Bank in 2011, where he has stayed since , is uncertain.

Interestingly, VG, as well as every other Norwegian media outlet failed to inform Norwegians on the following:

Gaza blast kills Hamas commander in ‘work accident’

By JPOST.COM STAFF
03/08/2014 22:10
Explosion reportedly occurs during weapons-making training, injuring 9 other members of Hamas’s al-Qassam brigades.

Hamas gunmen in the northern Gaza Strip

Hamas gunmen in the northern Gaza Strip Photo: Reuters

A Hamas commander was killed on Saturday from an “internal explosion” in the southern Gaza city of Rafah, the terrorist group announced.

According to Palestinian reports, nine other members of Hamas’s al-Qassam brigades were injured in what was deemed a “work accident”.
Hamas named 30-year-old Ibrahim Nagib al-Ghoul as the casualty from the blast.

Meanwhile, Israeli media reported that the blast had occurred during a training session on producing explosive devices.

Yasser Okbi contributed to this report.

11 comments for “VG’s selective coverage of the ME

March 11, 2014 at 2:35 am

VG, NTB ah oh I remember its something about news.

This one is a lot more fun:

I bet no one in VG or NTB take time to see it all : ) they just run around with bad time as the world is turing, ps it has always been so. Have a lovely day Martin ; ) The rest of you folks eh yes have a nice day, but let Martin have the best!

March 11, 2014 at 4:16 am

as I have been intimating all along. Change of government will have no bearing on the establishment whatsoever,
    How many Afghani unarmed civilians have the brave Nordic military shot and murdered quaite blatantly?
    Hello VG are you sleeping on the job? This kind of Israeli bashing is like the unturned record that is kept spinning, Yaaaaawn

March 11, 2014 at 3:44 pm

Norwegian, you too kind. Thank you. but you need a good day also

March 12, 2014 at 2:00 am

can you please write somthing about this:

MIFF was started up in 1978 and the evangelical church her in Norway has really changed a lot in the religious Norway. Church in Norways war against Israel can only increase Jew hate!

5. March 12, 2014 at 5:47 am

I have looked at Mr. Silversteins blog a few times. Since he does not cover Norway, it seems a bit outside the remit of this blog.
    Other than that, I think Mr. Silverstein is quite comical for all the mistakes he seems unable to spot before he uploads a story, all you have to do is to follow his links to see that he hasn’t really read the articles he refers to. He therefore comes across as a bit hysterical, and well, comical.

March 12, 2014 at 6:51 am

: ) McG,

ok, I see your point to give him a stage can just increase the chaos he makes. I know well you can’t educate the hole Norwegian press about clowns they hang them self up in. I read Mr. Silverstein as I read Holst with lot of popcorns and I lie on the floor and laugh, its so fun they are 100% after attention for their analysis and if one of them comes close to reality they pop up with what did I say.
    What about Eric R was I 100% worng there? Sorry just had to trow a card, hope its no hard feelings.

March 12, 2014 at 7:13 am

I had not planed to use so much time on the web : ) But my days are ok. Don’t put to much psycology into my writing please : )

March 13, 2014 at 4:15 am

Norwegian, my last name is not Freud. :)-

March 14, 2014 at 1:54 am

Phuuuu : )

Have nothing against Freud, but I do love to make up a good story. Know that it can be dangerous to shout wolf, wolf, wolf. So I do my best to behave and be a good girl but to be alone with a man that wants one thing, well sorry my brain then just turn off and I just pray that he will not hurt me to much. Sad way some of us women function ; (

March 16, 2014 at 3:23 am

Norwegian you might well have been hrt by a man or men in general, but….

Hold on a moment. There are also many women who only want one thing from a man. Just recently in the news media here, a woman aged 60+. very attractive has astounded people by dating young men in their 20’s and even some older in their 30’s. She has admitted that she was after one thing only without any commitment whatsoever, except t give her enjoyment.

Two way traffic, not just one. I won’t say too much, but when I was working in Naples and along the Italian and French Riviera, the luxury hotels were full of elderly women in their 80’s who were paying young dudes to satisfy their needs. No, I was not one of them. Although I must admit that as a young man myself, there was only one way to learn the ways of life and that was with a much older woman. so this kind of story is nothing new.

Sorry Prof, I appreciate this has nothing to do with the storyline here. Still it is more than just reading a recipe – for disaster perhaps?

Norwegian, have a happy and make every minute of your life count. I doubt there will be a second chance.

March 17, 2014 at 1:46 pm

I think we two need to keep to the subject McG brings up. Oh, I miss herbets recipes. Lets hope people start to write again, its more fun for McG if they do. We two can black hat somewhere else Martin : )