Norway finally got an answer from Jerusalem: Our FM Brende got a slap on his wrist for meddling in Israeli internal domestic affairs and Norwegian media got served notice of its dangerous dalliance with half truths and biased coverage:
lifted from dagbladet.no (bad google translate)
– Israel deeply disappointed by the Norwegian authorities
Should not interfere in Israel’s security assessments.
Tuesday 18 November 2014, kl.13: 56
This corresponds Foreign Affairs
– We have made it clear to the Israeli embassy in Oslo that we have difficulty in understanding the basis for denying Gilbert entry into Gaza. Based on that Gilbert is a physician and plays an important role in assisting the Palestinian health care system we have asked Israel to reconsider decision on refusal of entry, says Frode Overland Andersen at UD.
The Israeli authorities are upset over how the Norwegian authorities have acted in connection with Mads Gilbert is banned from Gaza.
It was Friday last week that VG wrote that Gilbert is banned from Gaza for life. The Norwegian Embassy in Tel Aviv has made the exclusion of the Israeli government. It has not fallen on good soil in the Israeli Foreign Ministry.
– It is regrettable that the Norwegian government has decided to intervene in how Israel, as a sovereign country, working with their security challenges. Anyone who is familiar with the reality on the ground, especially during and after the operation “Protective Edge”, when a third of the population was under daily attack, you must understand that Israel is not taking, or will take, its safety light. Our security considerations are too sensitive and too important to be politicized. To insinuate that this decision was nothing but professional, is deeply disappointing, writes Israeli Foreign Ministry in an e-mail.
– No martyr
The spokesman Emmanuel Nahshon elaborates Dagbladet:
– Norwegian authorities treat almost Dr. Gilbert as a martyr, something he is not. Therefore, we come with this clear message to the Scandinavian press, he says.
Even Mads Gilbert discovered that he could not go to Gaza in October, when he was going back to follow up patients and working with several research projects at Shifa Hospital. VG wrote about the case Friday of last week, the same day as Gilbert released her new book, Night in Gaza.
– Demonizes Israel
In the email, type the Israeli Foreign Ministry on:
“It must be emphasized that Gilbert’s political past has no connection with the decision taken. It is nevertheless worth noting that Gilbert has systematically abused his medical status and broken Hippocrates oath as a doctor, by using lies and false accusations with one goal in mind: the demonization and dehumanizing Israel. In doing so, he has reduced his credibility to the marginal. ”
Israeli Foreign Ministry is disappointed Norwegian authorities handling the case, and believes they should be considered “this extremely negative past” when they asked that Gilbert should get an entry to the country.
– Either way, we want to clarify again that the decision is only made because of safety considerations. It is not a punishment, and therefore has no time frame. It does not apply to “life,” as some have suggested. But the decision remains as long as the safety considerations are the same, writes Israeli Foreign Ministry on.
Do not understand the basis
– We have made it clear to the Israeli embassy in Oslo that we have difficulty in understanding the basis for denying Gilbert entry into Gaza. Based on that Gilbert is a physician and plays an important role in assisting the Palestinian health care system we have asked Israel to reconsider decision on refusal of entry, says Frode Overland Andersen in the Norwegian Foreign Ministry to Dagbladet.
– I have full confidence that our bodies at UD and political leaders handle the new attacks by the Israeli government wisely, says Gilbert Dagbladet.