Lifted from document.no (google translate)
Antisemitism in the 1st May Parade
FLORA 29/04/2015 kl. 08.34
Assistant professor at NTNU Trond Andresen has for several years been a private poster on 1st May Parade in Trondheim. Poster content is entirely consistent with the man who two years ago called for (believe it or not) to boycott marking Kristallnacht. In 2009, eager Andresen for a boycott of Israel, and his name was at the top of a petition to the boards of NTNU and HIST about a cultural and academic boycott of Israel. A petition that completely invalidates Israel’s right to exist. The man goes straight to 1948.
Since 1948 the state of Israel has occupied Palestinian land and denied the Palestinians basic human rights.
On May 1 sounds Andresens private message: “The continual whimpering about anti-Semitism is a diversion tactic.”
Art historian Daniel Johansen has responded to Trond Andresen antisemitic poster in the 1st May Parade and has written op-ed Racism in the 1st May Parade (Adresseavisen, 28.04.2015. Payment Items).
– For several years, a person in Trondheim borne a private poster with the text “The continual whimpering about anti-Semitism is a diversion tactic.” I mean this is a poster that promotes hatred against Jews, and that must be expelled from the train. I find it odd that the organizing committee opens for someone getting quiet with such private slogans in such an event, says Johansen.
Johansen believes poster also violate official slogans, and that it is incompatible with the commemoration of International Workers.
– You have an official slogan that has the text “Fight Anti-Semitism and Islam-hatred.” Why is not a poster with the text “The continual whimpering about anti-Semitism is a diversion tactic” – which Andresen be decided – a violation of parole basis?
Leader of May 1st Committee, John Peder Denstad, said that the committee will allow slogan because it is not considered a breach of parole foundation for the day. Danielsen think this is a cowardly approach.
– I think the organizers of the May 1 in Trondheim are cowards when they let a fool be allowed to get acquired with this turbid on a poster. It helps to destroy the seriousness of the event, and helps to promote anti-Semitism at an event that should account for completely different values, says Johansen.
Trond Andresen responds to Adresseavisen:
– The poster says something that many are aware of but which few dare to express clearly: “Antisemitism” misused and overstated to scare people from criticizing Israel’s conduct. But it says nothing more than that. The poster does not express – Danielsen who tries to twist it – “anti-Semitism”. The claim nor that resentment and hatred against Jews does not occur. By its excesses and intimidation demonstrates Danielsen in his article the point that poster points out – presumably without his realizing it herself, writes Andresen in an e-mail to Adresseavisen.
– I’ve been LO member for 40 years, and passed in Palestine section the last three years with just this poster, without the slightest problem and without any displeasure from other participants. Some have nodded and smiled and agreed, according to counter-Trond Andresen have sent Adresseavisen.
Without the slightest problem and without any displeasure !? You know why, Trond Andresen? For the first, most of us Israeli friends manners, and certainly no desire to stir into trouble. It has never occurred to me to come with displeasure against you and your poster. That some of us however have talked about – is to bring the Israeli flag to the city on May 1 to show a silent support to the Jews and their homeland. But you know what, Mr. Andresen? We could not stand or dared, because we are afraid of trouble from you and your nodding minded.
John Faerseth have taken issue with people on the left who are beginning to express opinions is generally associated with Nazism.
Andresen and Galtung are examples of a trend worldwide where ideas from the far right finds its way over to the left side, and justified resistance against Israel’s policy incorporates the traditional anti-Jewish prejudice. An example is Andresens posts in the class struggle in January 2009, in which he argued that Jews lacked empathy. Another is when Andresens weapon dragons Hans Olav Brendberg recently defended protocols and Johann Eisenmenger book entdeckt Judentum (1700) in an article which was rejected by the class struggle but reproduced on Andresens facebook wall. This is a book including accusing Jews of ritual murder of Christian children.