Ambassador Schutz corrects biased media in Norway

lifted from the Israeli Embassy’s Facebook page, scroll to entry on October 21 at 12:54 (google translate) I have on my own accord added links to the two specific examples Ambassador Schutz writes about in his reply.

* Misleading journalism about Israel *
Ambassador Raphael Schutz has written a reply in today’s (October 21, 2015) issue of Klassekampen, p.20:

“In connection with the article” Strengthening the troops “published on Thursday 15 October, I have some necessary corrections to make:” The journalist expresses the view that “the unrest has simmered since the 2 . July when the 16-year-old Mohamed Abu Khdeir “was abducted and killed by Jewish extremists. This horrific crime happened the day after the funeral of the three Israeli youths Gilad Shaar (16), Naftali Frankel (16) and Eyal Yifrach (19), and was an act of revenge for the kidnapping and murder of these three. This rather relevant fact was omitted from the article.
The journalist attributes the recent cases of Palestinian riots and attacks on Israelis to what he refers to as “a” series of provocations against the al-Aqsa Mosque. ” This reflects sadly only Palestinian false information and stirring up propaganda that does not reflect reality. Israel has in no way changed the existing status quo on the Temple Mount, and has no plans to do so. To present some facts for the class struggle readers we can announce the following: Over the past few years, the Temple Mount has been visited by 12,000 Jews, 200,000 Christians and 3.5 million Muslims. Temple Mount is open only for Muslim prayer, and it is only Muslims who pray there regularly. Christians, Jews and others have the opportunity to visit the square. Visiting times are 7-11, Sunday-Thursday, except Muslim holidays. The visitors have no access to mosques.
The journalist says that Netanyahu warns President Abbas that “he will be held responsible if the situation worsens, knowing that Abbas” and PA “call for calm and order.” In a speech Wednesday 16 September said Abbas: “Jews have no right to desecrate place with their dirty feet.”

On Palestinian TV he accused Israel of executing an “innocent” 13 year old (Ahmed Manasra). Video footage from the scene showed clearly that he was far from innocent, as he brutally stabbed an Israeli boy of the same age, repeatedly. Naor Slav is still fighting for life. Photos also show how the Palestinian boy is being treated at an Israeli hospital.

These are only two examples of a systematic campaign based on including Abbas’ lies that are being  indiscriminately being picked up and reproduced in parts of the Norwegian media.
The journalist did not his job neither thoroughly nor professionally. Readers of Klassekampen were misinformed and presented with a widespread activist narrative where Palestinian actions should be ‘explained’ and ‘understood’, implied they have no guilt and should be not held accountable for their actions. “

8 comments for “Ambassador Schutz corrects biased media in Norway

1. motti
    October 21, 2015 at 5:49 am

Way to go go Ambassador Schutz.
    I wish you well in your continuing the factual errors and misrepresentation so vivdly exhibited in the Norwegian media.

As I have mentionedrepeatedly achnage of government will have no bearing on the Nazi regime known as the establishment.

2. de Bacle
    October 22, 2015 at 1:19 pm

The systematic lies about Israel in most Western countries, in virtually all media, leves no room for ambiguity. The so called civilized world is witnessing again the shamless apologetics of anti-Semitism, the hate that comes from fear of the Jew.

The Israel PM and ambassador to the US note 10 current lies about Israel.

Who are they kidding ?
    Today these 10, yesterday 100 other and tomorrow new 100. The PM and ambassador to the US never heard the bombardment of lies coming from Tveit, Graesvik, Wold, Christianssen, Waage, Butenschoen … or Klassekampen(…or, Stoere et al.) Maybe he can’t even recall who the hell Gilbert is notwithstanding Gilberts Guiness record in Israel-lies broadcasting. Can’t make it out in the massive background noise of all the other lies.

October 22, 2015 at 5:05 pm

Motti – off topic, but is it true that British Jews are not supposed to root for Arsenal (not least in part, because of their jerseys emblazoned with “Emirates”)? My understanding is that Jews are supposed to root for the Spurs, but some allowance is made for Chelsea.

4. de Bacle
    October 24, 2015 at 12:39 pm

…and while we’re off topic, Dear Prof McGonnagal, I was pleased to note:

5. October 25, 2015 at 1:05 am

But of course she did. I promised to transfigure her and expel her off the Hogwarts school ground where the death eaters would feast on her!

6. motti
    October 25, 2015 at 6:57 am

Eric R – in answer to your interesting question, here goes.
    As a youngster, I was a Totteham Hotspur supporter, also known as the the Lily Whites. This team had a large number of Jewish supporters, but so did the Arsenal, also known as the Gunners.
    As an ex Londoner, I would prefer to see Arsenal win against most other teams, in fact the Arsenal board also has or has Jewish involvement and usually wishes the Jewish people well over Rosh ha Shana etc.
    The Arab buy out of British institutions is really out in the opne now, including banks, supermarkets and of course football clubs, see Manchester City for example.
    Chelsea is to the west of London and would not have been supported by most Jewish people who still lived in east London, when I was a youngster. In my circle as a youngster, the vast majority were either Tottenham or Arsenal supporters with West Ham, Leyton Orient and even Millwall having some Jewish supporters. Today, I really don’t know because I prefer Rugby to football these days. So many foreign players are in the team, and is no longer a local issue with underpaid players. Today’s players are real prima donnas who fall and dive, at the least little thing, they hold, trip and push and don’t appear to use real talent. In my time, we relied on talent to play the ball and in professional footbal then, a foul was not accepted even by the supporters. Totally different today, whgich is why I prefer a real man’s game – Rugby!

Soccer or football is a gemntleman’s game played by ruffians, while Rugby is a lout’s game by by gentlemen. If you ever saw some of the World Rugby matches on US TV you will know what I mean. I much prefer it to US football. Many years ago, I was in Boston with friends watching the Harvard-Yale match and was unsure which teamm I should support. I asked my friend which team he was rooting ofr and he told me that he was an ex-Princeton man.

7. Herbie
    October 26, 2015 at 8:05 am

SETTING THE RECORD STRAIGHT:

Who does Israel belong to?

a RECENT SPEECH in the United Nations Assembly and made the world community smile.

A representative from Israel began: “Before beginning my talk, I want to tell you something about Moses. When he struck the rock and it brought forth water, he thought, ‘What a good opportunity to have a bath!’ Moses removed his clothes, put them aside on the rock, and entered the water. When he got out and wanted to dress, his clothes had vanished. A Palestinian had stolen them!”

The Palestinian representative jumped up furiously and shouted, “What are you talking about? The Palestinians weren’t there then!”

The Israeli representative smiled and said, “And now that we have made that clear, I will begin my speech…”

8. motti
    October 28, 2015 at 3:21 am

Excellent, I must remember this for usage in replying to the Jew hating lobbies here.