lifted from miff.no, google translate

Lamented offensive Crystal Night celebration

Øyo library in Haugesund sorry that they used Kristallnacht to take parallel from Nazi Germany to the State of Israel.
Tor-Bjorn Nordgaard
11.20.2015 0:11

Commemoration of Kristallnacht in Haugesund Public Library, which was organized by the Association Øyo library Monday 9 November provoked strong reactions by the Israeli embassy in Oslo. Halve marker was actually used to talk about the Israel-critical book “Cliff Hotel. Family Ayad vs. State of Israel “, according to TV Haugaland.
– What do you think about it dragged parallels between the persecution of Jews in Nazi Germany, and what is happening in Palestine? asks TV HAUGALAND journalist Elizabeth Huanca Violence.
– The mixing in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, and draw parallels to the Holocaust, I see as a gross insult to the memory of the victims, their families, but also against Norwegian Jews today. It is simply something that should not have been done. This is so absurd that it does not deserve a detailed explanation, answers Ambassador Raphael Schutz.

Would “learn from history”
It is not the first time a Crystal Night marking misused for Israel-critical purposes. The Israeli embassy finds that Norwegian Jews often do not want to participate in events held. Facing TV Haugaland mention Schutz example marker in Bergen in 2012, where Pastor Tom Sverre Tomren was refused by the organizing committee to participate in the torchlight procession with håndparolen “No to anti-Semitism”.
Alf Aronsen from Øyo library was responsible for the event. Already the same evening as the event was held, posed TV Haugaland him questions about why they would focus on “Israel’s policy of occupation” on a “commemoration of Kristallnacht and pogroms”. Aronsen said,
– One asks the question; we have not learned from history? The book “Cliff hotel. Family Ayad vs. State of Israel “draws parallels up to what is happening in our time. We are not talking specifically about Kristallnacht, but believes it is important to have this event on the kind of historical dates in order to learn from history.

Antisemitic link
To compare the current Israeli policy with Nazi, is not considered as legitimate criticism of Israel, but as an expression of anti-Semitism. It tells a professionally recognized working definition of anti-Semitism, including has been used by EU Human Rights Agency (FRA), and which apply at the US State Department.
The definition of anti-Semitism is “a certain perception of Jews, which may be expressed as hatred toward Jews. Rhetorical and physical manifestations of antisemitism are directed toward Jewish or non-Jewish individuals and / or their property, toward Jewish community institutions and religious facilities. ”
It is specified that any manifestations of anti-Semitism can be expressed against the State of Israel, as it is seen as “Jewish collectivity”. One of the concrete examples reported are: “To compare the current Israeli policy with Nazi.”

Kristallnacht
Kristallnacht is a term for the night between 9th and 10th November 1938 in Germany and Austria, as the Nazi German government initiated extensive violence against Jews and Jewish property.
More than 1,400 synagogues, chapels, meeting places, thousands of retail space, private apartments and Jewish tombs were razed. During the pogrom on November 9, 91 Jews were killed. Until the end of November, about 400 Jews killed or driven to death. November 10 were around 30,000 Jews arrested and put into concentration camps.
Kristallnacht marks the transition from the discrimination of Jews began with Hitler’s accession to power in 1933 and to a systematic persecution which just a few years later would result in the Holocaust.
Night called Kristallnacht because of the large amounts of broken glass from the window panes in the Jewish-owned shops were smashed. “The Office Kristallnacht” was propaganda word Nazis themselves used the incident. In many history books the name Novemberpogromen used instead, according to the Great Norwegian Encyclopaedia.

10 comments for “In Haugesund, the public library regrets commemorating the Crystal Night with comparing Nazi Germany to Israel

1. motti
    November 26, 2015 at 9:36 am

The sickness continues. Was mad cows disease necver eradicated in Norway? Or is it all the mercury contaminated torsk or makrell, they are eating which is causing such a hateful madness?
    They should be put out of their misery. Not enough sunshine in the winter months as we know. So the madness will increase.

2. November 26, 2015 at 9:58 am

What bugs me is that they always have these really really bright explanations why things kind of blew up in their faces. It takes no Sherlock to figure out that using the Crystal Night commemoration to bash Israel, is going to cause a bit of upset in circles that tend to be a wee bit bigger than what the addlebrained librarian usually mingles in. This type of apology, if this is an apology and not just a lame excuse, just underlines how far removed from morality, reality, these leftist outfits really are. Only too bad they still wield a lot of influence and among themselves there is no such thing as reflection and learning from errors. Quite the contrary. After getting one on the nose, they usually come up with some other equally – or more! – disgusting anti-Israel statement.

3. motti
    November 26, 2015 at 3:39 pm

Hi Prof, you say morality in your reply. what morality, they don’t know how to spell the word, let alone understand its meaning.

By the way, we are off to Eilat at the end of December for a week. I had to arrange for my new Israeli travel document, as the old one had become outdated. I did ask the consul’s offcie why I always have a travel document issued and not a full passport, especially after having served. It is because I did not live as an Israeli in Israel for three years, which is the minimum time.

4. November 26, 2015 at 11:52 pm

well there you go then, come and stay with us for three years and it will all be sorted. And why Eilat? Dont you know I live sort of far away from there – how are we going to catch up with a pint or two now?
    In a separate matter – Corbyn? I cant stop laughing at this circus that is panning out. McDonnell and his litte red book in the Commons, Livingstone as a baby sitter for the shadow defence minister. This is a kids company that cant go bust. Its almost as funny as Nigel from Kent!

5. motti
    November 27, 2015 at 11:13 am

Oh Prof, if only I could i.e. three years. I do plan on returning later in the year and stay again in Tel Aviv, as we did last time. I am sure we can down a pint or two then, and look ofrward to it. Eva like her pint of Stella as well. We have a little fun trying some of the many Polish beers here available now with so many Polish shops nearby.

All joking aside, with Labour being led by an absolute Marxist Corbyn and his similar minded Israel hating deviants the general public have no confidence in these people. The problem now is that it is really bad for democracy with the Tories becoming a one party state. Prof if you saw Gerald Kaufman slaying Israel and ther Jews in Parliament, you will understand the reasoning by who needs enemies with Jews like him. He is a vile disgusting creature.

Regarding Nigel, whom I have met, spoken with and heard him speak without teleprompter or lines, he at least unlike most of the others has held down a proper job and speaks openly, whether or not people dis/agree with hiom or not. They say he is a Marmite man, you either love him or hate him. UKIP received almost 4 million votes and all that was shown for this effort was 1 seat in parliament. The SNP held all the Scottish seats bar one with a fractrion of the number of votes. Personally, I would like to see UKIP have many more votes and seats in Parliament to ensure some common sense in our ruling establishment.

Shabbat shalom

6. Dov
    December 1, 2015 at 1:02 pm

I’ll be happy to meet you guys in TA to “drown” a pint or three :) Just holler when you’re in the area.

Norwegian stupidity knows no bounds…..

7. motti
    December 5, 2015 at 5:53 pm

Dov, I would really enjoy that. The prof and I have downed a pint or two a couple of times here in the UK. She is great company, very interesting and has a great laugh.

My trouble in going to Israel is that each time, I am so sad to be leaving and when I return to the UK, I am really depressed having had to leave Israel each time.
    It is so strange because my sister and I became staunch Ziomists and Eva my wife, too. She loves isarel, although she is always uncomfortable with the heat, unless she was in th Shuk Ha Carmel or Pish pishim, where the falafel stand offers great value. even after years away, the lady there always recognises us. My parents were not Zionists in anyway. It was only due to the 6 Day war in 1967 (I was in Canada at the time) that I realised once again, the world was reasdy to stand by for another Shoah after it failed in 1948. 1973, was another lost opportunity for the world to witness a new Shoah (I still have my miluim brown booklet, id tag and my ribbon. Anyone who knows me, realises that I do not suffer fools gladly when they constantly voice Jew or Israel hate. I believe in cutting it off at the start, with no messing about.

Dov, we hope to go to Isrtael again sometime in 2016 and will probably stay in TA as it is so central. It will be fun to see the Prof again and our friends in Afula and I hope that I might surprise my friends in Kibbutz Sarid and in Bat Yam. Sadly, we have lost conrtact with or other friends that we had. So yes, it will be good to down a few pints with you, I certainly won’t be driving.
    Le hitra ot. ve shavuah tov

8. December 6, 2015 at 6:21 am

there is a very simple solution to your predicament of feeling depressed upon returning to UK after a trip to Israel. Stay. Simples!

with the whole of my anglofile heart, I truly feel that the UK is a bit lost at the moment, and political correctness madness is still in charge and makes life a misery for ordinary people. I work a lot in the North, in Grimsby, Newcastle and other former Northern powerhouses, and the mood is far from chirpy…. That Corbyn scares the living daylight out of me, he’s propped up by some very dangerous thugs and attract hard left votes, and quite a few Islamist votes as well, a fact that does not bode well for future (unless of course, the UK one day should drop the current way of managing elections and have a system that truly reflects popular will). Norway is no better, with minimalist parties with practically no representation or support in the general population, imposing their very particular and often destructive ideas on the Norwegians.
    I cant say I am a big fan of Netanyahu, or Bennet or Deri (for crying out loud, a convicted criminal in charge of a ministry!?!?!?), but in the very least they know very well what neighbourhood we live in and have no illusions that so-called dialogue is going to solve anything. Just two weeks ago, it was my nephew who was attacked by a knife wielding Palestinian (who promptly met her maker) and I am very glad it was not me who had to go to a funeral. The Swedish foreign Minister can bite me, none of her nonsense is cutting any ice with people who have to literally fight for their lives every day.

9. motti
    December 22, 2015 at 10:49 am

Oh Prof, if it was only that simple. To purchase a property is very expoensive in Israel as buying a house here is. My pstate pension would never be increased (our pension is only bettered in the industrial world by Mexico and Chile – what a thought) My private pension would be so depoendent on the stock markets. We will visit again in the new year, perhaps in June and will stay around Tel Aviv as it is so central to visit other places and of course Friends. I trust Dov is still reading this. I can tell you dov, the Prof is a true Norwegian and able to match a man with drinking, not that we ever tried it. :)-
    Eva loved Tel Aviv whereas I found it too humid for my liking, which is why I would not envisage living there, or Ashkelon, Ashdod, Bat Yam etc. She suffers with the hot weathe, as we are becoming older I suppose it is understandable. I always fancied Arad. It is probably a beautiful place by now.

10. motti
    December 22, 2015 at 10:51 am

Prof, i am delighted that your nephew was ok and the whore was killed. I am not sure what people will make of Cameron now. He has stated that he is tired of the Human Rights brigade demanding trials of UK police who shoot and kill armed suspects. Well, I suppose what is good for the goose is good enough for the gander.
    I see boris went down well in Israel if npot with the west bank Arabs. tough isn’t it?